PDA

View Full Version : Week 85: 2-Second Challenge #1

ToddG
11-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Please read the rules (http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?1837-Drill-of-the-Week) before participating in this thread.

Week 85: 2-Second Challenge #1
results may be posted until 11:59pm EST on Friday 15-November-2013.

Range: 7yd
Target: 8" circle, IPSC A-zone, or 8.5x11 sheet of paper
Start position: from concealment or a duty/retention holster
Rounds fired: varies

We begin our "What can you do in two seconds?" challenge with this simple AMRAP drill.

Set up your target at seven yards. You will draw from either concealment or a duty/retention holster. If your range does not allow you to draw from a holster, begin from the ready position (gun in whatever condition you normally carry it).

Give yourself a 2-second PAR.

Draw and fire one shot at the target within the PAR time.

If you are successful with all hits in time five times in a row, repeat the test but fire two rounds maintaining the 2-second PAR.

If you are successful with all hits withing the PAR five times in a row[/], repeat the test but firing three rounds (keeping the 2s PAR).

As long as you get all hits within PAR five times in a row, keep adding one more shot and try again.

Once you miss or go over PAR, the drill is over.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

pistol and holster used
Start position ([i]concealed, duty, or ready).
Highest number of hits per draw that you successfully scored all hits within PAR time for five successive attempts

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.

ToddG
11-08-2013, 10:58 PM
pistol and holster used: SACS/Warren 9mm 1911, JM Custom Kydex AIWB
Start position (concealed, duty, or ready): concealed under untucked polo
Success at: 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5

Late hit on first attempt at 6 shots. I shot all five runs of 6, late on the second as well and then three successful.

Kevin B.
11-09-2013, 08:15 AM
•pistol and holster used: Glock 22; Safariland SLS holster
•Start position (concealed, duty, or ready): duty
•Success at: 1, 2, & 3

hvd229
11-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Sig P226 EE 9mm
J&M Custom AIWB concealed under t-shirt

Made it through 1 clean.

Made it to the second string of 2 shots and horribly flinched my second shot 3 inches low of 8in circle. Time was 1.64. At least it didn't take long to finish.

justintime
11-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Pistol 229r in a jm aiwb holster
Concealed under north face
1,2,3 made all shots on 4 but was over. My 3rd was at 2 flat and just under every time

Beretta 92 centurion
Comptac infidel worn aiwb concealed
1,2 missed a shot on the 3rd but 4 were clean

2alpha-down0
11-12-2013, 11:39 AM
M&P9 in a JMCK AIWB
Concealed under polo

Success at 1, put a round just outside the line on 2.

Corey
11-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Target: 8" circle
Pistol and holster used: Smith & Wesson M&P9, Blade-Tech IDPA holster.
Start Position: Concealed, open front concealment.

Success at 1.
Ran 2 five times with all hits, times were 2.02, 1.97, 1.94, 2.02, 2.12. 2 out of 5 under par was actually better than I expected.