PDA

View Full Version : OIS - Lapel video

Shellback
11-07-2013, 10:33 PM
This is a great example of a lapel camera in action. (http://www.policeone.com/officer-shootings/articles/6575454-Video-Fla-police-shoot-NFL-star-holding-hostage-at-knife-point/) Low-light environment, well placed shots and they eliminated the threat with no harm coming to the victim, maybe a little ringing in her ears. ;) Follow link for the video cause I don't know how to embed that kind...

Dramatic video of Daytona Beach police officers shooting former NFL-star Jermaine Green six times was released Wednesday.

"I'm proud of what the officers did," Police Chief Mike Chitwood said. "Everybody went home to their families."

Police body cameras captured the Sept. 25 shooting of the 32-year-old former New York Giants player and the woman he was holding captive at knifepoint, 37-year-old Katrina Johnson in the 800 block of Magnolia Avenue.

Dagga Boy
11-07-2013, 10:38 PM
The hostage was shot in the arm. I noted something interesting that we talk a lot about in class. It is always good to watch these as a learning tool.

Shellback
11-07-2013, 10:45 PM
The hostage was shot in the arm. I noted something interesting that we talk a lot about in class. It is always good to watch these as a learning tool.

I wasn't aware she got hit. Yes sir, meant to serve as a learning tool for one and all. Low-light training is important. ;)

TCinVA
11-08-2013, 08:39 AM
I wasn't aware she got hit. Yes sir, meant to serve as a learning tool for one and all. Low-light training is important. ;)

Meanwhile my local indoor range, now under new ownership, won't permit people to draw or shoot "too fast".

The massive disconnect between lots of range rules and what's actually necessary in a defensive use of a firearm is starting to piss me the smurf off.

Shellback
11-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Meanwhile my local indoor range, now under new ownership, won't permit people to draw or shoot "too fast".

Same garbage here in Vegas. I do understand that most are tourist driven, so they have to cater to the lowest denominator, but it should be blatantly obvious that some of us aren't there just to shoot a machine-gun!

John Ralston
11-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Amazing she was only hit once - kudos to the officer for placing his shots well.