PDA

View Full Version : OK, So This Army Vet Posts a Copy of Her CCW Permit on Facebook and...

NETim
11-07-2013, 03:07 PM
her daughter's school issues a "no trespass order."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/05/army-veteran-banned-from-daughters-school-after-posting-picture-concealed/?intcmp=latestnews

Pathetic.

Corlissimo
11-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Yup. The principal is just a bit uptight.

But I have to wonder about the thought process behind posting her permit to FB.

Typos brought to you by my DROID... and my apathy.

BLR
11-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Was that a police officer or a security officer from the school?

And by what authority does the ding-bat principal have to make that call?

Yet another reason I don't want kids. I don't want them brainwashed by droolingly stupid public educators. Just a wild guess here, but I'd suspect that school should be concentrating on teaching, oh I don't know, MATH rather than surfing facebook for stupidity.

NETim
11-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Yup. The principal is just a bit uptight.

But I have to wonder about the thought process behind posting her permit to FB.

Typos brought to you by my DROID... and my apathy.

No doubt putting something like that on FB is poor judgment. However, the principle needs some counseling.

Joseph B.
11-07-2013, 03:45 PM
The never ending stupidity in this country is just irritating. My wife just got hired as an investigator for family protective services, she just told me she can't carry her pistol b/c they have a no carry policy on their property, to include.parking lots and investigative visits. I am at a loss of words for this, but more so trying to figure out how to tell her, that I want her to find a different job.

JeffJ
11-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Joseph,
How does the parking lot law figure into that? I'm pretty sure that they can't keep you from having a gun in your car in the parking lot.

jlw
11-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Was that a police officer or a security officer from the school?

And by what authority does the ding-bat principal have to make that call?

The Richmond County School System operates a police department (http://www.rcboe.org/group_profile_view.aspx?id=a9608bfd-ba5e-43ef-8af1-53e16b319abd) of fully certified officers.

The principal has authority to issue the barring notice. The barring notice can be challenged in court. Also, the parent can appeal to the Board of Education to have the principal's decision overturned.

BLR
11-07-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm so happy I don't have kids.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

EMC
11-07-2013, 04:37 PM
I'm so happy I don't have kids.

Who is going to inherit your 1911 collection when you pass? Any Nephews?

BLR
11-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Won't matter to me.

Josh Runkle
11-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Won't matter to me.

Well, if it doesn't matter to you, I nominate myself to be the recipient in your will. ;)

RoyGBiv
11-07-2013, 04:44 PM
I'm not ready to condemn anyone quite yet. I'll wager dollars to donuts that there's lots more to the story.
A GA principal gains nothing on the "no guns" front with a no trespass order, since CC in schools is already prohibited.
The principal also has to know that in Augusta GA she must have a few dozen parents in her school with carry permits.

Principal is claiming there were other issues that led to the no trespass order..
http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/12-OYS-Vet-banned-from-childs-school-defends-social-media-attacks-principle-defends-decision-230902231.html

"Mount was not following procedures that we have in place for the role of parent volunteers," Dallas said.

She declined to elaborate, and said it was not about the Facebook picture.

"It is not a personal attack on her and it has absolutely nothing to do with her Georgia license," Dallas said.

The principal claims Mount made some unspecific comments of a threatening nature toward a staff member. Dallas said she called the Board of Education Police which issued Mount the trespass warning.

Joseph B.
11-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Joseph,
How does the parking lot law figure into that? I'm pretty sure that they can't keep you from having a gun in your car in the parking lot.

It was explained as a terms of employment policy, not as a law. I asked my wife to get a copy of the policy, so that I can research the law/case law on it. To me it sounds like a BS policy made by someone who doesn't know the law, but I need to see the policy and check out the legality of it.

RoyGBiv
11-07-2013, 05:34 PM
It was explained as a terms of employment policy, not as a law. I asked my wife to get a copy of the policy, so that I can research the law/case law on it. To me it sounds like a BS policy made by someone who doesn't know the law, but I need to see the policy and check out the legality of it.

Employers in TX cannot ban parking lot storage of legal firearms. They CAN ban CC on the job and in the building.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2012/11/texas-attorney-general-greg-abbott-issues-favorable-opinion-on-nra-backed-employeeparking-lot-protection-law!.aspx

Odin Bravo One
11-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Won't matter to me.

Looks like my little man needs to come with me next time I come to OH to meet his "Uncle Bill".

As if he won't inherit enough guns if I get shot in the face, but it will only be a good 1911 collection among them..........not a GREAT one!

BLR
11-07-2013, 06:47 PM
I'd be an awesome uncle.

JodyH
11-07-2013, 09:13 PM
The never ending stupidity in this country is just irritating. My wife just got hired as an investigator for family protective services, she just told me she can't carry her pistol b/c they have a no carry policy on their property, to include.parking lots and investigative visits. I am at a loss of words for this, but more so trying to figure out how to tell her, that I want her to find a different job.
Your wife would not be the first to carry in violation of that policy, in that department, in that state (different city though).
Two things to remember, concealed means concealed and loose lips sink ships.
A Shield or PM9 in a belly band works great with all the latest women's fashions.

JDM
11-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Well, if it doesn't matter to you, I nominate myself to be the recipient in your will. ;)

Awesome.

dbateman
11-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Your wife would not be the first to carry in violation of that policy, in that department, in that state (different city though).
A Shield or PM9 in a belly band works great with all the latest women's fashions.

Yep this I'd rather lose my job due to policy violation than lose my life following a stupid policy.

jlw
11-08-2013, 03:03 PM
There's more to this story (http://metrospirit.com/past-is-indeed-prologue-for-banned-mom/#.Un1Ca3AqhY4)...

The school system is reporting numerous issues leading up to the decision to issue the barring notice.

Joseph B.
11-08-2013, 03:22 PM

She keeps a Glock 26 in her purse, I've tried like hell to get her to carry on her person, but she ain't having it. We have talked about she could just ignore the policy and she is not going to go against the policy or rules. I'm looking into getting her a taser now.

HCM
11-08-2013, 03:35 PM
She keeps a Glock 26 in her purse, I've tried like hell to get her to carry on her person, but she ain't having it. We have talked about she could just ignore the policy and she is not going to go against the policy or rules. I'm looking into getting her a taser now.

Joseph,

If your wife is not already aware of PERSEC and counter surveillance precautions, please review them with her. We just arrested a subject who followed a CPS investigator to her home and threatened her with a shotgun.

Does the agency have a no firearms policy or a no weapons policy ?

HCM
11-08-2013, 03:39 PM
There's more to this story (http://metrospirit.com/past-is-indeed-prologue-for-banned-mom/#.Un1Ca3AqhY4)...

The school system is reporting numerous issues leading up to the decision to issue the barring notice.

I'm not surprised. My Mrs is a teacher and there are several parents who are barred / tresspass warned from her school for threatening and in one case assaulting teachers.

JodyH
11-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Joseph,

If your wife is not already aware of PERSEC and counter surveillance precautions, please review them with her. We just arrested a subject who followed a CPS investigator to her home and threatened her with a shotgun.

Does the agency have a no firearms policy or a no weapons policy ?
It used to be a no weapons policy, I bet it still is and a Taser is a weapon.

My wife had a crazy track her down when she worked with the mentally ill and her office has had a state cop stationed at it many times over the years for viable threats.
CPS investigations have the potential to be very dangerous, the most dangerous place to be is in a domestic dispute especially if there's kids involved.
The policy here is a Deputy or State LEO goes out on every investigatory home visit as a precaution.
My wife is now a district supervisor and I know her policy is "don't ask, don't tell" when it comes to personal protection.