PDA

View Full Version : You have to check this S*** out!

JV_
05-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Threads like this one, and the one linked in the initial post, tend to get a lot of folks stirred up. This is just a gentle reminder to not turn this in to a forum, SME, or any other type of war.

pistol-forum.com Code of Conduct
http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?37-READ-pistol-forum.com-Code-of-Conduct

Abstain from any inter-forum warfare. Do not say mean things about other forums or people from other forums. We are here to discuss ideas, not personalities.

LittleLebowski
05-29-2011, 05:52 PM
It would behoove them to tone it down and do a little deeper digging on Todd's credentials such as him consulting on the BATFE contract or actually read his articles.

It does our lifestyle no good whatsoever to descend into this sort of petty bickering amongst ourselves.

JV_
05-29-2011, 06:14 PM
It does our lifestyle no good whatsoever to descend into this sort of petty bickering amongst ourselves.I agree. We're very quick to judgement in this industry. We're always fighting for our rights and yet we regularly divide ourselves .... then make it public information on the internet. We need to focus on being a united front rather than a divided one.

As long as guys are safe and enjoying their training/guns .... I don't get much heartburn. I prefer guns that can make it through 2 hard days of training, exceeding 2000 rounds without a worry. I want to spend my time shooting and training, not cleaning. Others only shoot a box or two a month and are content. Not everyone has the same passion in this industry.

TC's wording in the rules really rings well for me:

...Do not say mean things about other forums or people from other forums. We are here to discuss ideas, not personalities.I avoid the BS. I care about shooting, training, and a little tinkering. There's enough drama elsewhere ... I don't need it here.

Kyle Reese
05-29-2011, 06:21 PM
The shooting world is big enough for everyone. If they enjoy shooting 1911's, so be it. The 2nd Amendment needs all of the friends it can muster in these perilous times, and the more folks at the range makes it a bit more difficult for the enemies of liberty to marginalize our community.

ToddG
05-29-2011, 08:50 PM
I haven't read the linked thread. But let me be clear: even if the folks over there say I'm Bin Laden's secret successor, it's not a subject for discussion here.

With apologies to everyone who has posted in this thread, especially the Staff, I am deleting all of those posts and closing this thread.

pistol-forum.com is not a place to discuss threads or members of other forums. Period.