PDA

View Full Version : 700 agregate drill reference help

Andy_ita
05-29-2011, 07:19 AM
Hi guys
Andy in italy here
Anyone know the reference score for this drill?
I tryed it today and i wish to know my skill level.
Andy

ToddG
05-29-2011, 09:21 AM
700 is really, really good. :cool:

I've seen all sorts of different "scales" created by different people to determine what is good vs. what isn't. FWIW, I've shot it once (cold at 25yd) and scored a 639.

The best thing you can do, in my opinion, is compare your scores to other folks to get a feel for where you exist in the spectrum. That's the benefit of having a standard exercise everyone can shoot identically. Just be sure they're using the right targets at the right distance. A number of folks who post impressive scores later turn out to have been shooting it at 15yd.

Tests like this are also useful for tracking your own progress. Whether you got a "Good" or "Excellent" score today isn't nearly as important as whether your score next time is better than the last...

Andy_ita
05-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi Todd
Thanks for the reply.
Well i shooted at 25 yrd but with a wrong target.
As i donthave it the nra b8 target i took a 24x21 paper and i printed something like a nra b8... But i wrong cause i started from 1 to 10 ( center of the target) but im looking now it start from. 5 to 10.
So i scored 269 points but the test is not true.

I need a little help now cause i want to draw and print the b8 target, as i cannot have it from the usa for the next week end.
So i know the paper is 24x21
I know the bullseye is 5 1/2" ( but what u consider bullseye? All the black area? Or only the Center area ? Or only the area with the 10 points) so now i need to know the widht af all the others circles to draw it. Can u help me?

Andy_ita
05-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Tom
Thanks so much for the info.

The pdf file is printable with a nomal priter on a A4 sheet?

Andy_ita
05-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Thank u very much Tom
I ll print it and wil repeat the test the next week end with a kimber instead with the caracal