PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A. Camp has passed away

JodyH
05-28-2011, 11:54 PM
News is Stephen A. Camp has passed away from a brain aneurism.

Tamara
05-29-2011, 06:21 AM
If there was a more gentlemanly soul on internet firearms fora, I've never met them.

R.I.P., Mr. Camp.

LittleLebowski
05-29-2011, 07:10 AM
I've corresponded with him for years. He always set the example. I will miss his insight and kindness. Will smoke a cigar for him today as he would wish.

Pistol Shooter
05-29-2011, 07:46 AM
I'm very sorry to read of Mr. Camp's demise. He was a true gentleman.

jlw
05-29-2011, 08:46 AM
A good man gone.

ToddG
05-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Very sad news indeed. You will be missed, Mr. Camp.

Wheeler
05-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Just damn... I hate to hear that. Does anyone know about family?

JHC
05-29-2011, 10:24 AM
If there was a more gentlemanly soul on internet firearms fora, I've never met them.

R.I.P., Mr. Camp.

Absolutely right Tamara. He and I corresponded some years back as he helped me when I was learning then living with a couple of outstanding BHPs. What a gracious and generous man. He will be terribly missed.

Al T.
05-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Damn! Prayers sent. :(

Kyle Reese
05-29-2011, 12:15 PM
What terrible news. :(

RIP Mr.Camp.

Chuck Haggard
05-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Well damn. I just checked his site last night to see if he had any updates, I really liked his writing.

I use his statement "Placement is power" rather often when talking to folks who get all wrapped up in minutia when it comes to wound ballistics.

Blayglock
05-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Sad to hear. Prayers sent for the family.

Savage Hands
05-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Rest in Peace Mr. Camp :(

KevH
05-30-2011, 12:18 AM
Mr. Camp was a true gentleman. May he rest in peace.

MikeO
05-30-2011, 11:22 AM
The definition of a gentleman.

For certain is death for the born
And certain birth for the dead;
Therefore over the inevitable
Thou shoudst not grieve.
- from the Bhagavad Gita

Buckshot
05-30-2011, 11:25 PM
I've known Steve for around 30 years - we weren't close friends but we had talked Brownings, swapped guns, shot together, etc... on & off thru the years. The firm I work for built a number of Steve's custom guns for him in the past & I was looking forward to the opportunity to build one for him myself. He was also the mentor at the Denton PD of the fellow I consider my best friend. In fact, Keith & I were together at dinner friday night when we got word that Steve had been removed from life support & was gone. He married later in life & left no children.

The mature & genteel tone of his online persona was exactly the kind of man he was in person. He was a gentleman of honor & humility, a great teacher, a peacekeeper, a gunfighter, and one of the classiest acts I have had the pleasure to spend time with. He left way too soon & will be deeply missed in these parts.

Below is a link to his obituary

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/obituaries/stories/DRC_obits_0530.36ead8fda.html

mnealtx
05-31-2011, 04:36 AM
Rest in peace, Mr. Camp.

BigT
05-31-2011, 07:05 AM
RIP. I always enjoyed Mr. Camps writing

JHC
05-31-2011, 07:12 AM
I've known Steve for around 30 years - we weren't close friends but we had talked Brownings, swapped guns, shot together, etc... on & off thru the years. The firm I work for built a number of Steve's custom guns for him in the past & I was looking forward to the opportunity to build one for him myself. He was also the mentor at the Denton PD of the fellow I consider my best friend. In fact, Keith & I were together at dinner friday night when we got word that Steve had been removed from life support & was gone. He married later in life & left no children.

The mature & genteel tone of his online persona was exactly the kind of man he was in person. He was a gentleman of honor & humility, a great teacher, a peacekeeper, a gunfighter, and one of the classiest acts I have had the pleasure to spend time with. He left way too soon & will be deeply missed in these parts.

Below is a link to his obituary

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/obituaries/stories/DRC_obits_0530.36ead8fda.html

I really appreciated reading that note Buckshot. Thanks.