PDA

View Full Version : anyone with hands on experience with a Sig P290?

part-time shooter
05-28-2011, 10:18 AM
I'd be very very interested to hear you impressions of the gun if so.

Thanks.

JHC
05-28-2011, 10:40 AM
I have only handled one and I liked it. It felt well made and substantial. I thought the trigger was decent and very workable and that the grip felt secure. The sights on it were quite good for a sub compact. I would not feel compelled to change them out as I was with my G26.

It was nothing I would switch to from my G26 but I don't have much call for literally putting my primary in my pocket. My favorable impressions are probably colored by my dislike of actually shooting Kahr's PM9. Smaller and lighter by far but my fingers are longish and the Kahr pull seems to go on forever before it breaks and I found it a pretty tough gun to manage in that respect - over only a few rounds admittedly before I decided to use more of my 9mm ammo through my preferred Glocks.
I hope it turns out to run well for Sig.

ToddG
05-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Tom Jones and I played with the prototype at SHOT. The trigger had some real issues which, when explained to them, SIG said they'd assess and address. I haven't handled a production one.

There was someone at the range last night with one and it was clearly having reliability issues, but I don't know the shooter or condition of the gun so it's impossible to say whether it was the gun's fault.

JHC
06-02-2011, 05:50 AM
From this discussion, things do not sound promising.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=82166

WDW
06-03-2011, 03:32 PM
I handled one today and was severly under-impressed. It's too big too fit in a pocket as a BUG IMO and too little for me to consider carrying it. It just seemed really cheap and gritty too. I can think of about 50 guns I'd spend $700 on before that one.