PDA

View Full Version : recommended training DVD's?

part-time shooter
05-28-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm probably playing with fire asking this with so many trainers here but my work schedule isn't allowing me to even attend a local 2 day class so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has some good recommendations for DVD based material, it's not real training but you can pick up some things to work on.

I've seen the Magpul handgun and shotgun DVD's and Larry Vicker's carbine 1 and 2 courses from Daniel Defense and I recently picked up Kyle Lamb's pistol drills DVD. I just ordered Southnarc's beginning PUC DVD and his handgun DVD. After reading his posts and viewing his short youtube vids its made it glaringly apparent that this is a huge gap in my skill set/knowledge base that needs to be addressed. I'm actually much more interested in the "what to look for" portion than the "what to do" once it happens. I'm a big believer in avoidance.

Do any of you have or have you seen any DVD based material you'd whole hearted recommend?

Thanks!

SLG
05-28-2011, 10:17 AM
It's old, and not as cleanly done as today's stuff, but Combat Pistol, a vhs from the 90's, is still the best thing I've seen in regards to actually shooting your gun accurately at speed. Much of it needs to be slightly modified, but it is a solid base. It's a John Shaw/Mid-South production.

Edited: Todd pointed out that the last time I watched that video, I was pretty disappointed in it. He's right, but I still think it is about the only place that really talks about proper trigger control. It is not as well done as some of the more modern stuff, but I still think it is worth adding to the library.