Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John Walsh Takes on NRA, Vows to Continue Piers Morgan's Gun-Control Campaign on CNN

John Walsh Takes on NRA, Vows to Continue Piers Morgan's Gun-Control Campaign on CNN

Smart move on the part of the gun-grabbers. John Walsh appears to be a decent guy. He'll come across as a more-credible voice for gun control than Piers was.

“I am the guy that has seen both sides of the issue,” Walsh told reporters Monday. “I own guns. I'm the father of a murdered child. I've done nothing but track violence in America since my son was murdered. We have a serious problem with guns in this country. And we refuse to address it. And the NRA solution to arm every grammar-school 80-year-old teacher with a gun is absolutely ludicrous,” he said.

John Walsh= idiot
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Because a show based largely on ranting about gun control has proven to be so successful for CNN. Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    John Walsh= idiot
    +1 No slack. Defend your family!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I see this show flopping just like that "Chicagoland" show of theirs. I guess CNN really wants to give up any hope of being competitive with Fox News ratings.

I don't know why I always cave and read stuff like that article. It stems, rightfully enough, from a desire to know the other side, but sweet baby smurf, "GPS tracking" in guns? Has this guy ever looked at what makes a cell phone work with regard to power sources? What a kittening non-starter. JW used to be cool, but now he's just another paid mouthpiece.

In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    There are some gems in that article.

“I said to Joe Biden, ‘90 percent of Americans are for a responsible background check for a gun, and you know what this Congress has done? Not voted on it, not brought it to the floor, not introduced a bill,’”
    Did I imagine that Manchin-Toomey thing? Or is Walsh as honest and knowledgeable as the typical gun control advocate?

“‘John, every one of them,’” the vice president replied, according to Walsh. “‘Because the NRA will run a tea-bagger against you. . . . They’ll put 5 million bucks against you.’”
    I'm pretty sick of the idea that the NRA is throwing mega-bucks around. The NRA spends less on lobbying in 5 years* than Dow Chemical spent in 2013 alone^. And the NRA is running "tea-baggers"? The NRA endorsed Thad Cochran and Eric Cantor over their tea party opponents.

If that's the best Walsh can do, he's going to lose gun control debates worse than Piers did.

* https://www.opensecrets.org/outsides...p?id=530116130
    ^ https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/cl...0188&year=2013

No doubt Walsh chose to hitch himself to the wrong horse. But I think he will be a nice posterboy for the gun-grabber crowd. He's got his semi-LEO cred for one. And then when it comes out that his arguments against the 2A are just as idiotic as the rest of the gun control crew's are, the left will try to shame us by bringing up the tragedy of his son.

Site Supporter
    Joe - here's another :

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...48.html?hp=r17

Scarborough (a conservative) once said he saw no reason why he should have a 30 round clip full of cop killer bullets to take his 5 year old son hunting. Heard him say that.

Another 'guns are for hunting' type.

User Tag List