Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Single stack striker fired

I think aftermarket parts availability, Like sights, holsters, action work must be considered. I think that rules out the Ruger. An aftermarket part to make the trigger good rules out the shield. The XD's don't have a reputation for durability and the one I had with a Springfield custom shop trigger reminds me of the P30 trigger which does not make me think good trigger at all. The PPS is not that available and lacks support from the parent company. I have a Kahr P9 and although I love it for concealment the trigger sucks. It also lacks modern refinements such as adjustable backstraps.
    I don't think the pistol I am describing has been made yet. These comments are either based from personal experience, P30 XD Kahr, or from what I have read online Ruger Shield PPS. YMMV
    I'm not thinking tiny pistol. I am thinking full grip size but slender. As many 9mm bullets as can be crammed into it. I would definitely support a thicker staggered column grip as long as the frame and slide were not thick. I'm not sure how they would do accessories such as laser and light but if Crimson trace were brought on board I'm sure it could be worked out.
    Last edited by UNK; 12-31-2014 at 11:15 AM.

The PPS generally has a solid trigger out of the box. And it can be cleaned up a bit to get an excellent pull. Craig Douglas has one that someone polished up that is really, really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    The PPS generally has a solid trigger out of the box. And it can be cleaned up a bit to get an excellent pull. Craig Douglas has one that someone polished up that is really, really nice.
    It was Grant at G&R Tactical that did the trigger.

I have to give a big shout to the PPS. I've got right at 10,000 rounds through mine and at the moment it's on loan to Lynn Givens as a test piece. I've had several groups of students shoot my PPS and a Shield side by side and most shoot the PPS better. I think TCinVA shot mine next to his Shield and subjectively he preferred the Shield IIRC.

It's probably the gun I carry most at this point.

II only can go off what I have read here. The drawbacks I have heard are lack of aftermarket sights, and lack of company support for replacement parts and repair and expense of magazines. I recall a post by Southnarc who has thousands of rounds through his and he is well pleased.
    Lack of accessories and customer support makes me think not really accepted or mainstream enough. I just looked at Guns America and I saw 21 new and used PPS in .40 and 9mm. I can't remember the last time I saw one in a LGS new.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    II only can go off what I have read here. The drawbacks I have heard are lack of aftermarket sights, and lack of company support for replacement parts and repair and expense of magazines. I recall a post by Southnarc who has thousands of rounds through his and he is well pleased.
    Lack of accessories and customer support makes me think not really accepted or mainstream enough. I just looked at Guns America and I saw 21 new and used PPS in .40 and 9mm. I can't remember the last time I saw one in a LGS new.

Man I take that gun with me all over the country and everyone always says something like "You really like this gun don't you?" to which I reply "Shoot it dude!" and hand them a couple of magazines. To a man everyone has the same expression when they look at 20 rounds or so inside a nickel. IMO the most shootable single stack 9 on the market.

I have no doubts about your experiences as you have posted. Why is it not a more mainstream pistol?
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Man I take that gun with me all over the country and everyone always says something like "You really like this gun don't you?" to which I reply "Shoot it dude!" and hand them a couple of magazines. To a man everyone has the same expression when they look at 20 rounds or so inside a nickel. IMO the most shootable single stack 9 on the market.

I think some of the first ones were buggy but that has been worked out to my knowledge. And quite frankly it's an ugly gun.

Other than that I have no idea. Obviously I love mine.

Just to clarify from the OP I am asking who is going to introduce the first polymer single stack 9mm that is going to be widely popular with plenty of aftermarket support and really strong sales. Based on current offerings I am most likely to say SIG.

Do you think that the backstrap being removed renders the pistol inoperable has anything to do with it not being accepted?
    I think some of the first ones were buggy but that has been worked out to my knowledge. And quite frankly it's an ugly gun.

Other than that I have no idea. Obviously I love mine.

Not really. Maybe...

I mean with my focus being on entangled shooting skills where it's most likely to get bumped, I'm not worried about it. I have the wrap-around grip sticky stuff on mine that Cecil turned me onto, and that completely eliminates that problem and makes the gun even better.

User Tag List