Page 36 of 308 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

My 1st 1911, a Springfield Mil-spec, after the hammer and beavertail work had been done.

Also, my 1st post on the forum, and a nice place to start.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Indeed I did:

Name:  DSC_0613.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  72.9 KB
    Name:  DSC_0614.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  34.8 KB
    Name:  DSC_0615.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  62.9 KB

I took her to the range for the first time yesterday. The first six shots I fired from the pistol were 124 grain American Eagle FMJ at 25 yards, just to get a feel for where the sights were.

Name:  cqbtarget.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  43.8 KB

The flyer to the right there was the first shot, a called flyer due to having a bad rest that allowed the gun to slide right at the point of ignition. The next 5 were fired from a better rested position without my heavy gloves on...and you can see the result.

The red circle on that target is 1" in diameter.

When I got up to the target I laughed out loud, loud enough for the buddy I was at the range with to come over and look at the target. "If I hadn't just watched you shoot that from 25 yards I wouldn't believe it. Hell, I saw it and I still don't want to believe it."
    Last edited by TCinVA; 12-10-2014 at 10:52 PM.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Indeed I did:

Name:  DSC_0613.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  72.9 KB
    Name:  DSC_0614.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  34.8 KB
    Name:  DSC_0615.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  62.9 KB

I took her to the range for the first time yesterday. The first six shots I fired from the pistol were 124 grain American Eagle FMJ at 25 yards, just to get a feel for where the sights were.

Name:  cqbtarget.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  43.8 KB

The flyer to the right there was the first shot, a called flyer due to having a bad rest that allowed the gun to slide right at the point of ignition. The next 5 were fired from a better rested position without my heavy gloves on...and you can see the result.

The red circle on that target is 1" in diameter.

When I got up to the target I laughed out loud, loud enough for the buddy I was at the range with to come over and look at the target. "If I hadn't just watched you shoot that from 25 yards I wouldn't believe it. Hell, I saw it and I still don't want to believe it."
    That gun is almost the epitome of 1911 perfection. My only reluctance is if in your shoes; I'd have debated whether to go 9 or .45.

Stunning gun.

ETA: You know, just going 9mm fixes the ammo cost and recoil issues. That may be the setup to run these days. I don't know that I'd change anything.

The concept of a 9mm 1911 wouldn't have crossed my mind a few years ago. Now after having seen Todd's test and hearing from lots of folks who have bought Wilson 1911's in 9mm with excellent results it was something I was keenly interested in when the opportunity sort of fell into my lap. I knew a 9mm 1911 as a concept could work, and I knew enough about the way Wilson makes guns to know that they were highly likely to deliver a splendid gun that worked properly from round 1 so I could avoid all that tinkering headache Todd had to go through.

So far, so good.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Damn you, TC. You've now got me lusting after a WC 1911.
    I'm absolutely in love with this thing.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Sweet holy baby Jesus that is some incredible artwork in a pistol. And that 25 yard group! Good Gawd!

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Sweet holy baby Jesus that is some incredible artwork in a pistol. And that 25 yard group! Good Gawd!
    And the grips match the magwell, imagine that from a Wilson! ;D

Wilson Combat does a great job of fitting a magwell, I really like how they bevel it to the rear and open it up.

How much was that amazing pistol

User Tag List