Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigar and Pipe thread

Site Supporter
    Another good cigar if you like big flavor.

Ashton VSG.. I like the "Illusion"

ETA: Oops.. I see bakdrft911 beat me to this one..

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bakdrft911 View Post
    oh, if you come across any "Pre-Embargo" Ghurka's Ill pay dearly for them. By far THE best smoke E.V.E.RRRRRRR lol

Did I mention EVER~?
    Short story....
    We had just bought our house and I was doing some pre-move-in work with two friends. Painting, ceiling fans, etc. We had moved a few things in already, including the kitchen table and chairs, so, as we were winding down and cleaning up, I called a few more friends and we sat down to play cards in the mostly empty house. A few hours in we take a break and one guy goes out to the car and comes back with a box of white-moldy assorted things. Apparently one of his suppliers (my friend was a buyer for a very large industrial company) was reorganizing his personal walk-in humidor and gave my buddy this box of miscellaneous stuff. He handed me an unbanded cigar and we stepped outside. I dusted it off and lit it up and it was fantastic. Fantastic. I asked if he had any idea what it was, since it didn't have a band. His supplier told him it was a pre-ban Ghurka. For the next 2-1/2 hours I watched my buddies playing cards through the window while I sat and sipped Bookers and smoked that cigar on the back porch. It was truly amazing.

All very good recommendations.

I am a big fan of the Padron Anniversary 1964 Maduros, an acquired taste for some.

Had a very good tasting Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Robusto at a car show a couple weeks ago. Very enjoyable

Nice ash. Overall a very good smoke

I hesitate to share this, but I will...
    Not more than ten minutes ago I was sitting out side enjoying some bourbon and a Olivia series V maduro. I had just taken a nice log draw and the ash dropped, right down my chest and hitting my left hand thumb. It was hot enough to startle me and cause me to completely inhale the mouthful of smoke.
    After coughing my guts up for a solid minute I decided that was enough cigar for me tonight. I've been smoking cigars for over a decade and never done that. It sucked, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by SGT_Calle View Post
    I hesitate to share this, but I will...
    Not more than ten minutes ago I was sitting out side enjoying some bourbon and a Olivia series V maduro. I had just taken a nice log draw and the ash dropped, right down my chest and hitting my left hand thumb. It was hot enough to startle me and cause me to completely inhale the mouthful of smoke.
    After coughing my guts up for a solid minute I decided that was enough cigar for me tonight. I've been smoking cigars for over a decade and never done that. It sucked, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Well, at least you were not holding your gun too, that could have been bad

My current favorite is the Don Pepin Blue Label.

Depending on the time of day and where I'm at sometimes I like the mild stuff.

Perdomo Champagne
    Vegas 5 Gold

I love Arturo Fuentes

My Uncle got me some amazing Cubans that are ridiculous.

As far as ordering cigars online. I've ordered from both of these places.

www.cigarsinternational.com
    I ordered a humidor for my dad from here and didn't have any issues.

http://www.cigarbid.com/
    I've gotten some great deals on this site.

Question for you Padron smokers out there. I had my very first Padron (a Padron 2000). The draw was really loose, like wind tunnel loose. Is this pretty typical of all Padron cigars?

In my experience as of late its luck of the draw. I've seen quite a bit of qc issues with several companies.

Two things make and break a cigar, 1) the leaves used
    2) who rolled them

Could be the best material in the world but a lackey rolling them will destroy them and vise versa.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

All the Padrons I've had, and I started with the 2000 naturals as well felt a little soft, but had great burn and super nice draw. I hate a plugged stogie!

About half of my other brands I end up running a reamer through them to open up the draw. Works most of time... Seems that my worst ones were my H Uppmans...

Doc

Doc

Robert H. Bledsaw, LCDR FMF/SW, USN SCC
    Commanding Officer
    Pacific Central Region, 12.7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NavyPiper77 View Post
    All the Padrons I've had, and I started with the 2000 naturals as well felt a little soft, but had great burn and super nice draw. I hate a plugged stogie!

About half of my other brands I end up running a reamer through them to open up the draw. Works most of time... Seems that my worst ones were my H Uppmans...

Doc

Doc

Robert H. Bledsaw, LCDR FMF/SW, USN SCC
    Commanding Officer
    Pacific Central Region, 12.7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you own a Piper? A '77?

User Tag List