Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buckleless belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Pics? Another vote for Matt,I have 4 of his belts and he's making me another one soon.
    How about this -- I'll bump the review of the VGW belts to the top of the list and get it done tonight, complete with pictures.

http://trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/

Please see the post announcing my new blog in the Romper Room for more details.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    In my endless quest to comfortably carry in a traditional kilt, ...
    Since you're being traditional, you should carry a brace of these:

Belt clip standard, and I read somewhere that right-and-left pairs were common...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    How about this -- I'll bump the review of the VGW belts to the top of the list and get it done tonight, complete with pictures.

http://trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/

Please see the post announcing my new blog in the Romper Room for more details.
    Review is up. Let me know if I missed anything.

http://trevoronthetrigger.wordpress....s-atlas-belts/
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Crossbreed makes awesome buckle-less leather belts.

Boy you guys really like VGW belts... Of course it still has a hard metal buckle, which everyone except Trevor and Jay seemed to ignore.

Trevor would the G-hook be comfortable as an inner belt not running around at the range, but at a formal event? There's a certain amount of discomfort I'd allow while I play range commando that I probably wouldn't like at a dinner and dancing type of thing.

I've found the Safariland 030 and 4350 - both of which are buckleless. Two questions if anyone has used them:

1. Is the inner belt stiff enough to use as a pistol belt?

2. Is the outer belt too thick to wear under another belt?
    Last edited by Captain; 04-24-2014 at 07:48 AM.

What kind of formal event? I'm not sure there is any nylon belt I'd wear at a formal thing but if it's business casual maybe a "tactical" belt can enter the picture. I know at work lots of guys will wear North Face, Columbia, and Arc'teryx khakis and a nylon belt works fine.

The Ares Gear Aegis belt may be a little better for that though.... Closer to what looks like a normal belt and less like a gun belt.

If you're gonna wear a regular belt over it I would email Matt at Volund and have him make a single layer belt. Tell him why and I'm sure he can figure something out.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I've been looking for a belt like the Atlas, thanks for posting a review of it. I'm getting one. I'm a bit confused by their website ordering system. Are all the belts listed for sale black belts with differing colors of G-hooks. I'd like a coyote belt with a coyote G-hook. I don't really see that listed on their site.

Orion, ya gotta read the OP man. It's to go under a 2.25" leather kilt belt which cannot support a pistol.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I've been looking for a belt like the Atlas, thanks for posting a review of it. I'm getting one. I'm a bit confused by their website ordering system. Are all the belts listed for sale black belts with differing colors of G-hooks. I'd like a coyote belt with a coyote G-hook. I don't really see that listed on their site.
    Their web order system could be light years more hands-off (for them) than it is currently. It's not rocket surgery to put up a product configuration order system these days. I assume they have good reason (cost maybe? too many options?) for their current platform.

From the VGW web site
    Want a color combo you don't see listed? No problem. Brown stitching on a black belt? A Foliage buckle on a Coyote belt? Add extra keeper loops? Need a Viking size? Line the belt with loop material to jibe with a war-belt? Sure, why not? Custom build options are available.....Click here for a quote on a custom option.
    Clicking the link takes you to a web-mail contact page.
    What that tells me is.... They'll do most anything, just ask, they've decided not to try and code all the possible variations into their ordering platform, so, send us an email and we'll tell you yes and how much. They'll eventually get into trouble with a system like that, IMO, but, with 3-4 days turn around time today, it seems their "personal touch" is not yet an impediment to production.

It's strange how accustomed we've become to ordering stuff online without any personal contact that it feels "weird" having to reach out to a real person to place an order.... (not directed at anyone in particular, just pondering).
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Well it seems fairly obviously this is just going to be a VGW love fest. I'll undo my subscription to my post and let you guys have at it. If anyone has any information that may be applicable to my original question - just PM me.

User Tag List