Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The official "You've got to be kidding me!" price gouging thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I was at the Market Hall show last weekend. Serious zoo atmosphere. But I did run into Nyeti, so it was worth the admission.
    I traded one of those magazines for a Beretta 92F with some hi-cap mags The other one is funding a Ralston Cape Buffalo rig for my Vickers 1911 and and SME for my P30. Some good CAN come of this.

A bunch of the dealers were laughing about the situation. Apparently the Ft.Worth show a couple weeks prior was a glutony of over priced buying of everything. Many of the folks who bought $3000 basic AR's a couple weeks prior were now trying to flip them at this show for double..........and not getting very far. Things will stabilize until we get an up or down for what the administration is going to do and how they are going to do it.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I traded one of those magazines for a Beretta 92F with some hi-cap mags The other one is funding a Ralston Cape Buffalo rig for my Vickers 1911 and and SME for my P30. Some good CAN come of this.

A bunch of the dealers were laughing about the situation. Apparently the Ft.Worth show a couple weeks prior was a glutony of over priced buying of everything. Many of the folks who bought $3000 basic AR's a couple weeks prior were now trying to flip them at this show for double..........and not getting very far. Things will stabilize until we get an up or down for what the administration is going to do and how they are going to do it.

A buddy of mine was going to reach out to you for the second, I am guessing he did so.

I am glad you met up with the smith that you did, he's good at what he does. Did he show you "Old Dirty", the FAL that has never been cleaned?
    Last edited by SeriousStudent; 01-10-2013 at 12:40 AM. Reason: I speel bad

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    A buddy of mine was going to reach out to you for the second, I am guessing he did so.

I am glad you met up with the smith that you did, he's good at what he does. Did he show you "Old Dirty", the FAL that has never been cleaned?
    Actually, the second one isn't paid for yet. If your buddy wants it, have him call asap as it goes to SHOT next week. I just have a couple of people who are very interested coming to SHOT. Until I have cash in hand............

I saw the FAL there, pretty awesome. I have high hopes that the Galil will run great when he is done............and maybe I'll gouge someone on that as well....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I'll let him know, thanks.

Have a safe and fun trip to SHOT.

Just had to bump this because at today's gun show, some knucklehead was trying to sell 10 round blocked pmags for $80 apiece.

I noticed everyone who stopped to look at his prices basically laughed, shook their heads and walked on by.

He also had a stripped lower for $499, and I saw a few no-name complete lowers for about $700.
    twitter.com/ddbaxte

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    The prize for optimism comes from some of the smaller tables at last weekend's Indy 1500.

Normally there are three bays in the building open, but because of construction, they had the easternmost one closed off and had opened another area towards the back. This meant that Plainfield Shooting Supplies, one of the larger local gun stores, had his twelve or fifteen tables at the very front corner of the show, where people would naturally start their circuit of the aisles, rather than about a third of the way in.

Coincidentally, at this show, he hadn't even brought any guns; instead, his mass of tables had nothing but mags and ammo, and he had one of his employees on a bullhorn, through which she was droning "PMags, $35! We got PMags, $35!"

Thanks to where his tables were, Bob had just effectively set the going rate for PMags for the entire 1500-table gun show.

So you gotta think that some of the little one- and two-table vendors further in the hall were feeling a little stymied with their $70 and $100 asking prices for PMags that weren't attracting any nibbles.

(Conversely, I caught myself thinking "Hey, that's not such a bad price!" at the guy who had them for $30, before I shook my head and reminded myself that $30 wasn't really all that good a price at all, at least for someone who was sitting on dozens of the things at home...)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

On the 'For Sale/Trade' bulletin board at the NRA Range, someone is selling a used Arsenal SAM-7R, around fifteen magazines, and 500 rounds of Wolf ammo, for $5000.

There were some other whoppers there yesterday, but that one was the most optimistic.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rhines View Post
    On the 'For Sale/Trade' bulletin board at the NRA Range, someone is selling a used Arsenal SAM-7R, around fifteen magazines, and 500 rounds of Wolf ammo, for $5000.
    I think "wanting to sell" would be a more accurate verb choice than "selling" in this case.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Big retailers (brownells, dsg) are starting to ship out a large number of Pmags so I think the days of the $75-100 pmag are past us. On the other hand, glock mags are selling for 45-55 apiece with no signs of letting up just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by G60 View Post
    Just had to bump this because at today's gun show, some knucklehead was trying to sell 10 round blocked pmags for $80 apiece.

I noticed everyone who stopped to look at his prices basically laughed, shook their heads and walked on by.

He also had a stripped lower for $499, and I saw a few no-name complete lowers for about $700.
    At last weeks' fun show I saw a Lorcin for $250.

User Tag List