Page 34 of 83 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If you wouldn't be interested in a single stack 9 the size of the 42, you probably aren't Glock's target market. Military Arms, again probably not Glock's market for a small .380.

I am frankly delighted by the 42. If it turns out great, we win. If it is a dog, it just costs Mr. Glock some money. Seems like a win/win to me.

Same analysis with the Remington 9mm, the new Sig, the HK striker --- the more the merrier as far as I am concerned.
    I have a Shield, so I'm covered in the small single stack 9mm area.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jkurtz7 View Post
    I have a Shield, so I'm covered in the small single stack 9mm area.
    Except the shield has a stupid liability, er, sorry, useless thumb safety...

If you wouldn't be interested in a single stack 9 the size of the 42, you probably aren't Glock's target market. Military Arms, again probably not Glock's market for a small .380.

I am frankly delighted by the 42. If it turns out great, we win. If it is a dog, it just costs Mr. Glock some money. Seems like a win/win to me.

Same analysis with the Remington 9mm, the new Sig, the HK striker --- the more the merrier as far as I am concerned.
    +1 and if it's as pleasantly shootable as it might be; I know many less hard core types that could benefit from this.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I wish it had finger grooves.

There, I said it.
    Nice! lol
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Cold fact-most folks, judging from my letter slot view in the Midwest, dont care about advanced proficiency with their carry guns. They shoot 50 rounds or so, make a pie plate at 7 yards, and call it good. Compared to those folks I look like a ninja ,and I'm a long way from being that good objectively .

Sure, WE don't have a need for a G42-but we're the gun world equivalent of BMW enthusiasts.Almost no one who rocks a unique M series BMW would willingly prefer to drive a Toyota Camry, but the boring midsize grocery fetcher stays in the top three domestic sales charts for a reason.The G42 will succeed on the same basis-the Average Joe who can't be bothered to care about the gun they're carrying will love it.

In a perfect world, every shooter would take responsibility for their performance or lack thereof and make rational decisions about their equipment accordingly.But we don't live there.

Here it is

First one out, the Glock 42, .380m ACP. Here it is for sale on gunbroker for $705 or roughly the cost of TWO Ruger LCP's. We beg for a single-stack subcompact in 9mm or .40 and Glock gives us a warmed over concept pioneered by Ruger at the 2008 SHOT show at twice the cost. My excitement has had a large bucket of ice water thrown all over it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=386016836

Since it started at $449, and has been bid up over $700 in less than a day, with six days to run, I bet it gets mighty close to $1,000 before the auction ends.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Glock marketing has been busy:

http://youtu.be/2EVj5NOywSY
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Glock marketing has been busy:

http://youtu.be/2EVj5NOywSY
    "Tough enough for men!"
    "But girls like it too!"

A lower recoiling .380 with a "good" Glock trigger might be totally rationale for some shooters vis a vis recoil and dimensions and shootability of other options.
    "Good enough" was adjudicated here in TCinVA's thread last year right?

User Tag List