Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: G45s w/ factory milled Acros are hitting the streets!

Just got one of these. This gun was at my LGS for $1075 which is a wicked steal when you consider the retail cost of these 2 items is typically north of $600 apiece.

Name:  Glock 45 Gen5 ACRO Cut 1.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  75.5 KB

For months I had been carrying 1911s and SAO Sig Legions just because I’m significantly more accurate with these platforms beyond 20 yards. I find it almost impossible to make a straight, backwards pull with a factory Glock trigger, and I’m nowhere near ready to dip my toe into the Performance trigger or any other aftermarket options that all seem to compromise reliability.

Thus, I’m now at the point of accepting that the trigger mechanics of a stock Glock are such that I can keep every round well inside of a 10-ring on a B-8 at 25 yards when shot off a sandbag, but my Sigs, HKs, and 1911s are producing 1.5-2” groups at this distance that easily fit inside of the X-ring. However, the weight and geometry of a Glock are so phenomenal that the sacrifice in accuracy is acceptable.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Question

does anyone know if Glock will offer direct mill G45 with other footprints?

A coworker wants a G45 and direct mill for SRO.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

I turned mine into a Roland. Always liked rolands, but open emitters were always a no-go and the atom slides were iffy. I'm digging it. Laser beam with the KKM barrel.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    Question

I have seen leo overruns with RMR/SRO footprints. Aimsurplus had some not too long ago.

Question

Leo sku's yes, I talked with Glock regional sales guy a week ago at a armorer's class and he was adamant for the civilian market it would stay MOS's with plates outside TALO type special runs. He said the fear was dealers having to stock to many models and getting stuck with glocks that wouldn't turnover for dealers because of the footprint...
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Glock 45 MOS-7 with Acro P-2, Agency Arms Sage Dynamics barrel/compensator, and X300U in a 6354RDS for Glock 17: Almost. Not quite.
    G19Gen5 MOS with TD plate P-2, and KKM comp in G34 6354RDS, (with RDS Optic Replacement Cover - 6300 Series × 1
    SKU: 1321655). The cover latches closed no problem.

I don't recall if the new cover is bigger than stock (it lookes the same in pictures), or if I got it to better match the colour of the holster.
    Also, I switched to an OT Defense barrel plug and used a heat gun to expand the holster so the KKM comp would fit. It may have allowed the pistol to sit lower in the holster than originaly designed.

The picture with the guard open shows the position of the ACRO when fully seated in the holster.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Name:  20240419_183454.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  38.9 KB
    G45 direct milled acro + gen 5 mos g19 + holsun comp= g19 I wanted + the beginning of a carry optics gun I probably didn't need....

I have a 45 MOS direct milled for a RMR. We got them last year when we upgraded from the G4 17 (2015) which was the upgrade from the PX4.

Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post
    I have a 45 MOS direct milled for a RMR. We got them last year when we upgraded from the G4 17 (2015) which was the upgrade from the PX4.
    sorry for the slight drift away from the original ACRO....

is there a way I can get an image of the factory box label, so I can grab the SKU or needed info to find that model?

what optic you have on that model?

thanks in advance
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

sorry for the slight drift away from the original ACRO....

is there a way I can get an image of the factory box label, so I can grab the SKU or needed info to find that model?

what optic you have on that model?

thanks in advance
    The talo civilian , direct factory mounted w/ameriglo suppresor hiegth sights model for G45 isPA455S303MOS7A1, G49 is PA495S303MOS7A1, g47 I can't find right now but should follow the same convention....

User Tag List