Page 17 of 92 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferguson discussion thread (FERGUDISHU)

Quote Originally Posted by Spr1 View Post
    Rhetorical question, but why didn't the very first comment from the Ferguson Police dept include the fact that the officer involved was being treated for serious injuries?? What a lost opportunity.
    I know nothing about the people involved in this so my comments are general, not specific.

I has been my observation that rising in a police bureaucracy (or any other bureaucracy) requires that one be very attuned to the realities created by the bureaucracy. The world inside a bureaucracy does not always resemble the world outside of the walls. Most cannot handle this level of cognitive dissonance.

The other possible explanation is a naive belief in the truth but without an understanding of the unique dynamics of this particular situation. A complete lack of experience in events likes these can really make for some big screwups. There is also an arguably cynical position that no matter what is done, the PD will be painted in a bad light, so why bother. I doubt that anyone in that department would handle things the same way if we rebooted back to the day of the shooting.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

If I die and go to heaven one day, I imagine that if I get a moment to ask questions of God, he'll say, "What is it my son? You look like you have questions? Are you curious why evil like Hitler was allowed to exist? Are you curious how things like the Higgs Boson particle interact with the universe?..." And I'll be like, "Uh, no, um, James Yeager?"

Presumably the 1% of cops that 'need to be hung' are female. He couldn't have possibly meant that 1/100 cops need to be hanged.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Presumably the 1% of cops that 'need to be hung' are female. He couldn't have possibly meant that 1/100 cops need to be hanged.
    Haha. Benoit.

Could be garbage, could be legit, local LE may want to be advised. Follow link for locations, etc. Nationwide Day of Rage (AUG 21) for Ferguson (SCHEDULE AND LOCATIONS).

Video message from link.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Could be garbage, could be legit, local LE may want to be advised. Follow link for locations, etc. Nationwide Day of Rage (AUG 21) for Ferguson (SCHEDULE AND LOCATIONS).

Video message from link.

It's legit. Advisories have been passed out to relevant local parties. No violence is expected.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Texas is getting interesting too... I hope the stupidity ends soon and doesn't get any more out of hand. More pics at link.

About 30 men and women with the Huey P. Newton Gun Club rallied through the streets, focusing on deadly police shootings from the Ferguson, MO shooting death of teen Michael Brown to shootings by local police.

Some carried long guns, rifles, shotguns and AR-15s, while others carried signs others and wore messages.

Hey, at least they have their rifles slung, and aren't sweeping every Chipotle cashier in sight!
    "I don't want to be lorded over by a Bible thumping theocrat any more than a frappa-lappa-mocha chino sipping hoplophobic statist."-FredM

Texas is getting interesting too... I hope the stupidity ends soon and doesn't get any more out of hand. More pics at link.

That would send me to condition orange PDQ

10-1 says that MDA ignores this.
    #RESIST

User Tag List