Page 40 of 323 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

No doubt a member of "Delta team six."
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    I went today to check out the Beretta selection at the local shop... I'm hankering for a Compact but not entirely sold just yet. Whatever I decide on will be shipped to Wilson Combat for the G conversion and other upgrades.

Anyway, I asked to look at a used Vertec in the case and the sales guy asked me what I was after. I told him my intentions and he launched into a tirade about how crap Berettas were, saying how he'd used them in combat and that he'd take a Tokarev over a Beretta any day. I... must have really hit a nerve with him. It was very uncomfortable.
    That right there... would have been enough for me to just walk away and order what I wanted online. (JG sales has used Beretta 92fs and 92 compacts listed for sale) Even if I had to pay more due to transfer fees...

I hate talking to gun shop employees... Many I have met have irritated me at a level where I can barely keep my mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    That right there... would have been enough for me to just walk away and order what I wanted online. Even if I had to pay more due to transfer fees...

I hate talking to gun shop employees... Many I have met have irritated me at a level where I can barely keep my mouth shut.
    I know what you mean ... normally I can overlook the posturing and ignorance in order to find out what I need to know by getting hands on with something. This time, though...

To his credit he was able to readily point out the differences with the Vertec but that didn't make up for the rest! Besides, their price on this well-used gun was $600 which seemed rather high to me.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Being I have been essentially living on Army bases the last couple of months, I can understand the service members dislike of the Beretta. Everyone I have seen has been in atrocious physical condition, and being they are carried in the field without magazines in very bad weather, I can only imagine what the insides look like. Personally, the military either needs to be serious about arming its soldiers like soldiers and they carry loaded pistols regularly as a personal protection weapon with modern hollow-point ammunition, or dump them all together. But what is going on right now is stupid.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

What's the 92FS Compact empty weight with magazine?
    Beretta's web site shows 896g, if so that's stupidly heavy.
    Anyone have a dope scale they can weigh one for me?
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Being I have been essentially living on Army bases the last couple of months, I can understand the service members dislike of the Beretta. Everyone I have seen has been in atrocious physical condition, and being they are carried in the field without magazines in very bad weather, I can only imagine what the insides look like. Personally, the military either needs to be serious about arming its soldiers like soldiers and they carry loaded pistols regularly as a personal protection weapon with modern hollow-point ammunition, or dump them all together. But what is going on right now is stupid.
    Nyeti, this is the new and enlightened military. Loaded weapons might offend the enemy, and dead combatants look bad on CNN. /sarcasm.

May god help us if a national army who knows their kitten attacks us.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Nyeti, this is the new and enlightened military. Loaded weapons might offend the enemy, and dead combatants look bad on CNN. /sarcasm.

May god help us if a national army who knows their kitten attacks us.
    May God help them. At least in my area. I think there's more guns per square mile than people. On another note, I'm attending a local auction for a sporting goods store that went bankrupt. Many guns are being auctioned off, including several NIB 92FS's. I'd rather have a 92A1 but if I can score a 92FS dirt cheap I will.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    What's the 92FS Compact empty weight with magazine?
    Beretta's web site shows 896g, if so that's stupidly heavy.
    Anyone have a dope scale they can weigh one for me?
    1 lb 15.5 oz. M9A1 Compact

Given that the Compact is not reeeally a compact pistol, would I be better off sticking with a full size M9A1? Does the Compact offer or sacrifice anything non-obvious to a first-time Beretta owner?

I *might* carry this pistol AIWB at some point as an alternative to my CZ PCR but primarily this will be for HD or maybe bugout bag duty... Thoughts?
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    Given that the Compact is not reeeally a compact pistol, would I be better off sticking with a full size M9A1? Does the Compact offer or sacrifice anything non-obvious to a first-time Beretta owner?

I *might* carry this pistol AIWB at some point as an alternative to my CZ PCR but primarily this will be for HD or maybe bugout bag duty... Thoughts?
    For primarily off-body use, I would choose a full-sized pistol.

User Tag List