Page 79 of 323 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    ^This.^ And that is putting it mildly.
    I called before heading over. Maybe 5 minutes after my first post above.
    They sold out of the NIB 92's (didn't say when) and had only 2 remaining range rentals for sale at that price. Wasn't interested in a rental gun.
    This was from an email offer I received this AM from my LGS, a few minutes before checking this thread.

Oh well. Thanks for the feedback!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I called before heading over. Maybe 5 minutes after my first post above.
    They sold out of the NIB 92's (didn't say when) and had only 2 remaining range rentals for sale at that price. Wasn't interested in a rental gun.
    This was from an email offer I received this AM from my LGS, a few minutes before checking this thread.

Oh well. Thanks for the feedback!
    Wouldn't want to be a puppy or a kitten for the next few thousand years.....

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Bill Wilson is visiting. He has trick stuff on his Brig Tactical -- the new Wilson trigger bar and prototype grips. The trigger is killer and the new part has a number of technical advantages, like allowing the SA and DA to release at the same spot. The grips are the best I have felt on a 92 and make it feel more like a 1911. They are very thin at the top. Also checkered all the way to the top. Both trigger bar and grips are about 3-4 weeks from being in stock for purchase.

I reciprocated by showing him my Glock 17.
    Sorry to be a pain, but I'd really like to know if these super grips will be coming out for the compact soon (if ever?).

My new 92Compact w/ rail finally arrived and is now in happily making new friends in my safe. I was planning on spending my money on one of Wilson's "tactical assault holsters" but I was very happy to find that my ever accommodating Safariland 568 adjust to be a perfect fit for my new pistol. So now that I have a general use holster for it, I'm planning on a fancy new set of grips. Been eying the Wilson Slant Tactical grips but if newer and better are on the horizon I may just hold off. What material are these new grips? Will they be available in different colors?

I realize that 92 Compacts are passe with all the new goodness coming out of Beretta and Wilson, but given that my location, I'm just happy to have been able to get a hold of this little pistol before the curtain falls this 1 January.

Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'd like to shoot it for a while, actually. Never owned a Beretta. Always liked Die Hard movies.
    For that price, if I hated it, I'd not be out much, if any.

I should call and see if it's still available.....
    Which LGS? Details, damnit.

ETA: Never mind, saw your post that they're out. Probably a good thing

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Which LGS? Details, damnit.

ETA: Never mind, saw your post that they're out. Probably a good thing
    Www.shootsmartusa.com
    You can call and ask if they have any left.
    As if this morning they had 2 range rentals at $250/each.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Sorry to be a pain, but I'd really like to know if these super grips will be coming out for the compact soon (if ever?).

My new 92Compact w/ rail finally arrived and is now in happily making new friends in my safe. I was planning on spending my money on one of Wilson's "tactical assault holsters" but I was very happy to find that my ever accommodating Safariland 568 adjust to be a perfect fit for my new pistol. So now that I have a general use holster for it, I'm planning on a fancy new set of grips. Been eying the Wilson Slant Tactical grips but if newer and better are on the horizon I may just hold off. What material are these new grips? Will they be available in different colors?

I realize that 92 Compacts are passe with all the new goodness coming out of Beretta and Wilson, but given that my location, I'm just happy to have been able to get a hold of this little pistol before the curtain falls this 1 January.
    I don't know on the Compact. The ones I shot were for the Centurion/full size 92. They are asymmetric, thicker on top and fully textured. They feel amazing! (Bill said four weeks out from being available).
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    BUSA rocks! Come here little Centurion …..
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I wish more 92's came with factory night sights.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Outstanding! The serial number on the 92 in that auction doesn't even pull up on the website, must be brand squeaky new.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List