Page 16 of 83 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    It'll be a flop unless they have a pink version.
    You can quote me on that.
    .....or matched Pink and FDE his/hers sets. All the rage for Christmas 2014.

Tam sells to Cletus and I spend 14 hours telling him to get his finger off the trigger so he's legal to stuff that Judge down his pants.

We know the 99%.

.380's gotta be pink, everything else has to start with "fo".
    "Fo-ten"
    "Foty-five"
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

A professional gripe: I really wish stocking dealers and FFLs would stop leaking embargoed material online before the official pub date.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    A professional gripe: I really wish stocking dealers and FFLs would stop leaking embargoed material online before the official pub date.
    Think of the FFL holders you've known. What percentage of those would you trust with a burnt-out match? Fifty percent of the ones I've worked for, the biggest challenge was keeping them from interacting with the customers in any way, shape, or form.

I had one who'd try to sell scandium magnums to arthritic old ladies because they were light and came in pretty velvet-lined jewel boxes and packed a serious price tag, and another who'd tell the most obnoxious and obvious Vietnam lies until the customer fled. These are the people Glock is mailing confidential information and saying: "Don't tell anybody!" Who's the moron here? The FFL, or Glock?
    Last edited by Tamara; 12-25-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jkurtz7 View Post
    Why would bubba buy the G42 over a Ruger LCP? The Ruger is smaller, and will obviously cost less. According to a poll on a CCW based forum, the Ruger LCP is already the most popular carry gun for the masses.
    Because snobs exist, even in the Bubba crowd. Glock is perceived as high dollar. Bubba will drop a few extra bucks, if it lets him one up Cletus and his common Ruger. Don't want to make it too small though, lest it be seen as only for women folk. A balance of small enough for a woman, fits in an overall pocket, but large enough to not get snickered at when you're at the huntin camp. Offer Dale Earnhart, Crimson Tide, pink, and Mossy Oak versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Think of the FFL holders you've known. What percentage of those would you trust with a burnt-out match? Fifty percent of the ones I've worked for, the biggest challenge was keeping them from interacting with the customers in any way, shape, or form.

I had one who'd try to sell scandium magnums to arthritic old ladies because they were light and came in pretty velvet-lined jewel boxes and packed a serious price tag, and another who'd tell the most obnoxious and obvious Vietnam lies until the customer fled. These are the people Glock is mailing confidential information and saying: "Don't tell anybody!" Who's the moron here? The FFL, or Glock?
    Oh, I don't disagree with you. It's just annoying because every time some clown from a stocking dealer blows info out early on DerpGunForum.Net I will inevitably have that cited as an example of why "the internet" isn't "real media" and shouldn't be trusted, even though the people publishing embargoed information are FFL holders and not bloggers.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh, I don't disagree with you. It's just annoying because every time some clown from a stocking dealer blows info out early on DerpGunForum.Net I will inevitably have that cited as an example of why "the internet" isn't "real media" and shouldn't be trusted, even though the people publishing embargoed information are FFL holders and not bloggers.
    Believe me, I feel your pain.

We are diminished
    Print media outlets upset that the internet is instantaneous? No way!

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Print media outlets upset that the internet is instantaneous? No way!
    No, internet media outlets upset that they... that we don't get treated as real media. I understand that I don't have quite the fawning obsequi... er, gravitas of a Jan Libourel, but jeeze.

I have absolutely no use for the G42 if it's really a .380, or anything else they make. If they would have decided to offer what people actually want, which is a single stack 9mm, and they tweaked the horrible Glock ergos, then maybe I would actually consider buying one, that's if they could make it reliable. They sure as heck don't offer anything currently that appeals to me.

User Tag List