Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me pick some new sights!

I like the BattleHook sights. They are available from Brownells or straight from BattleHook.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I think this has a lot of potential...

Who makes that? I can't get the link to load.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    That looks like the answer but it appears to not be available?
    I have no idea if he'll ever make another or if he already has it patented and in production to make a million a week. I'd prefer the latter and I'm sure he would, too.

Todd, I have been reading your posts from your Glock 17 test. You went through a number of sights. Looking back, what do you think worked best for you?
    CAP front (orange), Pro Operator rear(wide, no outline around trit lamps).

Also, I'm glad you are on the mend and back on the forum. This place was not the same without your contributions.
    Thanks. Things weren't the same without you guys, either!

Quote Originally Posted by Peaceful John View Post
    Three aiming points, Todd? Top edge of sight (precision), tritium vial (speed), bottom of sight JUST over a "U" shaped rear notch (distance)?
    I do not believe it was intended to work with a U-notch rear but I could be mistaken. I like to use the trit lamp as my aiming point but the orange up to the edge would make alignment easier. The whole orange line would be my "speed" sight.

Quote Originally Posted by THellURider View Post
    Who makes that? I can't get the link to load.
    Jason Burton at Heirloom Precision.

If anybody has been down a similar road and can point in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.
    After a bit of experimenting, I've found my favorite setup (so far). 10-8 Performance .156" rear, paired up with an Orange .220" Ameriglo Pro-Glo front.
    POA/POI is dead on at 25yds with both my 19 and 17.

The .156 for glock is out of stock- and if I understand right, atleast 12 wks out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    After a bit of experimenting, I've found my favorite setup (so far). 10-8 Performance .156" rear, paired up with an Orange .220" Ameriglo Pro-Glo front.

That sight picture with a single tritium dot with no outline on the rear and a ledge for one hand manipulations is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks for taking the time to post those pictures. That's really helpful.

I have a couple of questions. Is that front sight .125" wide? Any idea where I can purchase a rear sight that meets my requirements? So far, I am thinking the front sight in your pictures paired with a Heinie Straight 8 ledge rear but I don't think it has the U notch like your rear sight.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post

Are you using the center of the dot or the top of the sight as your POA?

10-8 rear paired with Dawson Precision Tritium
    Name:  tmp_20140228_2048361750144643.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  32.1 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

I have a couple of questions. Is that front sight .125" wide? Any idea where I can purchase a rear sight that meets my requirements? So far, I am thinking the front sight in your pictures paired with a Heinie Straight 8 ledge rear but I don't think it has the U notch like your rear sight.
    It's a .140" width front.

During dry practice I always think "I wish the front sight was just a tiny bit thinner", while actually shooting with the sights however, I've never given it a second thought.

The only places that I know that sell the rear sights are 10-8, Weapon Outfitters, and Lonewolf Distributors.....they're currently all out of stock, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb
    Are you using the center of the dot or the top of the sight as your POA?
    Top edge of the sight, held dead center on the target.

I just bought a Gen 4 Glock 19 that I need some sights for. Last year, I was amazed at the difference when I switched from standard Glock night sights to Warren Tactical 2 dot sights....
    Do you still have the factory night sights?

User Tag List