Page 35 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Just ordered some more of your holsters last night...love the .093 Kydex.
    I've been pleased with mine as well.

I have a G17 length with a G19 sized wedge and extra tuck order that went from "Pending" to "Picked" this AM. Not sure what that means but I'm sure it's a step in the right direction. :-)

I had a standard wedge G17 length with extra tuck that I foolishly sold to a fella here. :-) I thought I wanted a G19 length since I never carry my 17. For me, I really missed the extra length as it seemed to prevent a little of the roll over the top that has been pointed out by Tony and others. I am excited to get the 17 length with 19 wedge that Tony and I talked about. Should be perfect for my purposes.

Arriving soon...I hope. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mruseless View Post
    Hi Adam,
    What do you think about the G19 length with Extra Tuck now that you've had it for a month?

I'm debating the Extra Tuck option, especially in light of what Tony and others have said about short vs. long barreled holsters and the ET option. I currently use a Dale Fricke for a Glock 26, it's very short below the beltline (2.25") but doesn't tuck. I've emailed back and forth with Tony about this a couple times, and thanks to Tony for the amazingly fast responses! Fantastic customer service.
    Better late than never, sorry, I've been away for a bit.

I went with the G34 length for a G19/26 with the extra tuck and wedge. I don't like to say things like "the best ____ ever!" but this is by far the best I've used so far. It is my new recommendation for AIWB holsters without question. I hate holsters that don't go low enough below the belt line like you're mentioning. My 34 with standard height soft loops extends roughly 4-5" under the belt line. Very comfortable.

I know Tony will give you a fingernail clipper holder attachment if you asked for it, but IMO the G34 length holster is the way to go regardless of pistol. I have a G19, G17 and now a G34 length AIWB holster (only the 34 from Tony) and the G34 length is ideal I think.

Also, Tony has ruined the Glock 26 for me. I just don't have a need to carry it any more, other than in a gym bag with a MIC on it for protection. I've slimmed down a bit rolling Jiu Jitsu and that paired with the holster, a G19 is a "fitted t-shirt" gun now. The holster makes all the difference.
    Last edited by Adam; 01-24-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Tony,

If possible can you post a pic of the G 19 vs. G17 wedge on a G17 holster?

punkey71 , we are running at 5 weeks right now, so that should tell you about when your going to ship. My lead times are accurate and I keep them updated as much as is needed. Thanks for the order.

Adam, thanks and glad you like it.

Shenaniguns, I will try and get a pic up, thanks.

Tony,

Will a p2k sk fit in a p30 AIWB? I want to use a holster for a pistol longer than the sk but don't have a "full size" p2000.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks Tony, we'll need some G42 pics too

ARonBoard, the next P30 holster I make I will check but looking at the trigger guards , they are different so it won't fit exactly but may work "ok". I can add length to the SK to make it the same length as the P30, if you want to go that route just let me know in the comments section if/when you order. Thanks

Shenaniguns, my photographer is going to be taking some pics of the 42 in some kydex in the next few days hopefully so I will try and get some up same time I do wedge pics. Thanks

Update: I love this holster.

I got stranded last night in the Atlanta Snowpocalypse. Ended up bailing my car in a parking lot and hiked 7 miles in business attire through the snow/ice.

I carried my 19 in a 17 sized holster the whole way on a wimpy dress belt. Holster was supremely comfortable. I've carried during hikes in the past but it was always with good pants and a proper rigid belt.

Thanks Tony for making an awesome product.

I wonder if the 17 length is more comfortable than the 19.
    (I have an order in for a 23 length to carry a 23 and 27).
    This Atlanta weather is crazy, huh. I made it home yesterday, but am holed up at the house today, wasting time on pistol forums, lol.

User Tag List