Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: I love 3" Smith Revolvers

Picked up a 3" 36-1 in nickel not too long ago

3" 64. Bday present for my dad. Had it bead blasted and a trigger job done. just need to sight in the grips before I send it off.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post

3" 64. Bday present for my dad. Had it bead blasted and a trigger job done. just need to sight in the grips before I send it off.
    I like the CYA touch. Nice, I'm sure your Dad will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I like the CYA touch.
    That is actually an agency stamp; it stands for California Youth Authority. Lon and I bought ours from the same vendor at the same time.

His was in a lot better shape than mine...

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    That is actually an agency stamp; it stands for California Youth Authority. Lon and I bought ours from the same vendor at the same time.

His was in a lot better shape than mine...

You don't have to tell your Dad that though.

So...on the way home from SHOT show I scored one I have been looking for a long time. Ruger GF33. Made only in the last year of "six" production where 3" Ruger Speed Six barrels were put into Police Service Six frames. I think these are some of the best looking Ruger DA revolvers ever made and total tanks. Plus...the price was like Smiths used to be. Enjoy..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Good for you nyeti! I never knew Ruger made that model. Must be rare as I have never seen one. Like the wooden grips too. Enjoy that Ruger.

In the late 80's I worked for Ruger's west coast LE distributor and saw numerous 3" Speed Sixes come through and was stupid to not hoard them. The 3" on the Service Six is a great combo. I will likely now try to grab a 2 3/4" Speed Six as a companion as the smaller round butt frame with the slightly shorter barrel was always a very well balanced gun and I have a dear friend who did a ton of good work with one.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    So...on the way home from SHOT show I scored one I have been looking for a long time. Ruger GF33. Made only in the last year of "six" production where 3" Ruger Speed Six barrels were put into Police Service Six frames. I think these are some of the best looking Ruger DA revolvers ever made and total tanks. Plus...the price was like Smiths used to be. Enjoy..
    GOD DAMN IT.

I have been looking for one of those for ages. you weren't kidding about sharing vices.

A good many years ago, my old man decided that I needed a real S&W wheelgun. So he dug around and bequeathed to me his first off-duty carry piece, a 3" 66-3, along with his DeSantis leather. I still can't claim to be a wheelgun man, but this gun just fits and shoots like a house afire. Plus, there's a good bit of sentimental value in it

Name:  M66_Small.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  65.6 KB

User Tag List