Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any holster recommendations for 3" K frame...

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Sounds like we need to do a 3" K frame range day after the holidays…...
    Absolutely. David can bring his 681 (I think he still has it).

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    The BS-SS looks very promising. Do you do any sort of speedloader carrier?

The BS-SS is pretty much what I was thinking for you. We can go with any rake angle you like, 25 being the most common.
    Here is a pic of a custom speedloader pouch that rides above the belt. Not a design locked in stone, but can pretty much make any style you desire.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    The BS-SS is pretty much what I was thinking for you. We can go with any rake angle you like, 25 being the most common.
    Here is a pic of a custom speedloader pouch that rides above the belt. Not a design locked in stone, but can pretty much make any style you desire.
    Hmmm... me like. I suppose you can craft it to fit Safariland Comp IIs on a Wilderness 1.5" "instructor belt"?

Hmmm... me like. I suppose you can craft it to fit Safariland Comp IIs on a Wilderness 1.5" "instructor belt"?

No reason why not. Pretty straight forward.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Rusty Sherrick has a bunch of solid options. Wait time, however...

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Wait time, however...
    That's the issue I just realized, this morning, that I am facing. With the revolver class probably happening in March, anything I order now MAY get to me prior to that; but not in enough time for me to get it broken in, and familiar.

I've got an old Bianchi belt slide that would work for the class, and a Split Six double speedloader carrier that, while intended for a Sam Browne duty belt, would work in a pinch. But the holster is so old and soft that re-holstering properly would be problematical.

Looks like I'm gonna have to go with some off-the-shelf items. And the pickings there appear to be rather slim, these days. Dang…

That's the issue I just realized, this morning, that I am facing. With the revolver class probably happening in March, anything I order now MAY get to me prior to that; but not in enough time for me to get it broken in, and familiar.

I've got an old Bianchi belt slide that would work for the class, and a Split Six double speedloader carrier that, while intended for a Sam Browne duty belt, would work in a pinch. But the holster is so old and soft that re-holstering properly would be problematical.

Looks like I'm gonna have to go with some off-the-shelf items. And the pickings there appear to be rather slim, these days. Dang…

I've got a Don Hume JIT Slide RH you can use for as long as you want. Nothing special, but it'll work. I used it for my 65 a couple times. It's been in my extra holster bin for 18 months. Let me know.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Oh, yeah. I also have an AIWB rig for a 3" K (a 4" I cut down) from Rich at CCC that's gathering dust. You can borrow it to try if you want.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Doesn't seem to be much love for 3" wheelguns in regard to holsters. Lots of 2, 4 and even 5 options. If you can stand the extra holster below the muzzle here are a couple options.

http://www.copquest.com/safariland-5...er_23-2565.htm

http://m.dillonprecision.com/mconten...volver_Holster

I bought the Dillon/Rosen 5JR for my 5" 625 a few years ago but don't see it on their site. I've been pleased with it. I also have the auto version of the Safariland and like it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I've got a Don Hume JIT Slide RH you can use for as long as you want.
    I greatly appeciate the offer, but the JIT slide (I have one for a J frame) is pretty much a straight drop, and I need to stay with an aggressive forward cant. As for AWIB... that doesn't work for me.

Don Hume was the first place I checked. My predecessor at the FTU and I worked closely with them back in the day, developing the D416 magazine pouch for our use. Good people. The 720OT is what I want, but they don't make it for revolvers. And THAT is what I'm running into; plenty of suitable candidates out there, but very few are made for revolvers.

So far, the ONLY thing I've found that might work for my needs (and is allegedly in stock for immediate delivery) is the DeSantis Speed Scabbard; the two-slot version. I was surprised to see that SafariLand/Bianchi has zilch (oh, they have plenty of stuff, but nothing worth a crap for concealed carry); they have apparently devolved into the Walmart for cop gear.

In any event, this has become A Project. I certainly never, in a million years, expected to get this excited over revolvers again.

Thanks again, Lon; I really appreciate it.

User Tag List