Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Reloading while holding flashlight

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Bring a dog to the fight, got it
    Yepp but they always drag you to the dirtiest darkest places. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Yepp but they always drag you to the dirtiest darkest places. LOL

I was one of the very first actually certified agitators out there and worked extensively with our dog guys, so I was always utilized extensively on K9 search teams. It changes your perspective a lot on light selection and use as you not only burn through a bunch of lights, but you are constantly moving into a variety of scenarios from indoor searches, to outdoors, to small out buildings and vehicles. It was why I was very heavily invested in the 12 Volt incandescent systems (both handheld and weapon mounted) when they came out as they were very helpful on K9 and other long searches in darkness.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Here is how I reload with a Flash Light...

Okay the pics are like 10 years old...

But notice that even without the grey hair -- I knew that a WML was a better idea than a handheld when working with a weapon.

IDPA should get off the fagatron no WML agenda.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I was one of the very first actually certified agitators out there and worked extensively with our dog guys, so I was always utilized extensively on K9 search teams. It changes your perspective a lot on light selection and use as you not only burn through a bunch of lights, but you are constantly moving into a variety of scenarios from indoor searches, to outdoors, to small out buildings and vehicles. It was why I was very heavily invested in the 12 Volt incandescent systems (both handheld and weapon mounted) when they came out as they were very helpful on K9 and other long searches in darkness.
    Good agitators are the unsung heroes of K9. And I'm always glad to have experienced cover guys too!

I try to search outside as much as I can in low light without using a flashlight but you always need them. Especially when there's no moon.

Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Okay the pics are like 10 years old...
    Which puts them a decade ahead of the current rule set.

(Sorry, cclaxton, that was a low jab at the sport. It's just that the current rule set makes it more like the Nineties version of Zoot Shooters, rather than Real Street™ like it markets itself to be.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

(Sorry, cclaxton, that was a low jab at the sport. It's just that the current rule set makes it more like the Nineties version of Zoot Shooters, rather than Real Street™ like it markets itself to be.)
    I would totally play 90s Action Shooting. Everyone gets Browning Hi-Powers and puffy jackets.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I would totally play 90s Action Shooting. Everyone gets Browning Hi-Powers and puffy jackets.
    Me too. I was thinking 3rd gen Smiths, Beretta 92s, and Hydra Shoks, under some Cross Colours attire. I will warm up my language by watching Menace II Society.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    Me too. I was thinking 3rd gen Smiths, Beretta 92s, and Hydra Shoks,
    Don't forget P226s…

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Don't forget P226s…

All guns will be carried cross draw in a leather holster or mexican-style appendix in your blue jeans with a flannel shirt for concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    That is a fair criticism, and one in which I agree. Maybe you have heard this saying before: Change is not a process for the impatient. Barbara Reinhold.
    But sometimes the "tried and true" ways are worth knowing.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

User Tag List