Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: S&W 3913

Sort of an update with kind of a funny. I worked a deal with a guy for my Shorty Forty and I ended up with a 3913NL (ladysmith without the Ladysmith logo). Super neat gun and I wanted to get my 12 year old daughter working with it as it will fit her hands. She has been doing dry practice work with the Model 65 3" she inherited from her mom and she likes it. So I have her try the 3913. She loves the grip and weight. She could work the trigger but when I tried to explain the DA/SA transition and the de-cocker she gave me the typical tween response of "dad, that is sooooo confusing". We talked about and I asked if she thought it would be better if the trigger was just like her revolver "well....yeah........duh" (this is my daily hell of Tweendom). So a 3053 looks like the go to, and it is a gun I have always liked (sort of the LEM before the LEM).

Being GJM felt I guilted him into the 3053, I felt it was only right if the fairly rare 3914NL went north to Alaska, and his 3053 came to the Republic. We'll see if we can get this figured out as the latest P-F world of mastery of guns everyone else hated.....including us a some point. I really hope my daughter can run the 3053 well and loves it.............so daddy can keep the P7 I have in the safe for the same purpose. Even if she doesn't like the 3053 I figure it will fit well with my weird love of the P7, and SIG P-225.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    On the TDA Smith "Mini Nine" front, my CS9 got lonely and so I found it a friend at the fun show today...

Man, that thing says "Early '80s" as sure as leg warmers or loafers with no socks...

With its skinny controls and flat Delrin grip panels, it's every bit as slim as the (much later) Hogue-gripped budget single-stack CS-9.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    On the TDA Smith "Mini Nine" front, my CS9 got lonely and so I found it a friend at the fun show today...

Man, that thing says "Early '80s" as sure as leg warmers or loafers with no socks...

With its skinny controls and flat Delrin grip panels, it's every bit as slim as the (much later) Hogue-gripped budget single-stack CS-9.

I had a couple of those way back in the day. I liked them.

I realize that this isn't Smith&Wesson forum, but that's awesome and you should probably run out and buy two more.

This 3913 was recently returned to me after a short while

A pistol design that leaves me completely underwhelmed. When I rip mine (915) out of the holster, it's bizarre grip angle forces me to cock my wrist to keep from shooting several feet low.

Only reason I keep it is because it was a gift.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    A pistol design that leaves me completely underwhelmed.
    Okay.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    A pistol design that leaves me completely underwhelmed. When I rip mine (915) out of the holster, it's bizarre grip angle forces me to cock my wrist to keep from shooting several feet low.

Only reason I keep it is because it was a gift.
    Does it have the flat backstraps installed? If so, install the hump back style grip.

A 3913 was my first off-duty pistol. It was one of the first guns to ship with MIM hammer and trigger. At that time, we had a couple of retired guys as our armors who were older than dirt. They detail stripped the gun to "check out the new hammer and trigger", acting as if they had no clue what they were doing. They also has some stones out and polished everything as they went. The result was amazing.

This gun needed the Hogue rubber grips to really fit my large hands. But it was by far my favorite of the third generation Smith's. And the Only third generation Smith I kept.

Mine has the front edge of the slide polished smooth from holster wear. Other than that, it's in good shape. It was the gun I happened to have on me when both of my children were born. Although I have long since retired my 3913, it isn't going anywhere. Mine has been buried in the back of the safe for a while. I haven't had it out in at least a year or more. Reading this thread makes me want to take it out and shoot it. Just because....

It was, and still is a great since stack pistol. One I wouldn't hesitate to carry again if I ever found myself living in a place like New York. But then, the 8 rd magazine would make it a Hi-Capacity pistol in NYC, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Does it have the flat backstraps installed? If so, install the hump back style grip.
    I have and tried both. No joy.

User Tag List