Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Which revolvers are you carrying and in what carry rig?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post
    Blue, I thought you were an LCR fan?
    I am. I don't carry it as primary outside the home very much, though, outside of special circumstances. I do wear it as an around the house, to the mailbox, grass cutting sort of gun, coat pocket winter BUG, etc. I have an ankle holster and it was my plain clothes BUG until I finally started using the Shield in that capacity.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I haven’t qualified with it at my new job, but I have carried my custom 3” 66 in a JMCK holster:

Didn't you have the compac pro grips on it?

I had tried the pros and while they carried nice the plan Compacts made Magnum shooting enjoyable.

Only current carry revolver is my 22 Long Rifle chambered Ruger LCR in a Hogue bantam boot grip:

Given that I spend more time bumming around state and national forest, cycling, and working in an N.P.E. than I do in town, find myself carrying it far more than I should probably admit here. Considering one in 327 Federal Magnum to try out. Not interested in 38 Special or 9x19mm as my wife would have nothing to do with either and I like having a pocket rocket I can confidently hand to her..
    Last edited by Hi-Point Aficionado; 09-18-2019 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Point Aficionado View Post
    Considering one in 327 Federal Magnum to try out....I can confidently hand to her..
    32 long and even 32 H&R are extremely docile to shoot in the LCRX. Almost as soft as 22. 327 ramps it up substantially. I find the 327 Hydra Shock noisier but softer shooting than 38 PDX1/HST in my 442.

Right there with HPA. Bought the .22LCR, mainly on a lark, after reading RJ's thread, carry it way more than I should admit to here. I like it so much that I sold my last j-frame to fund a .327LCR, but I blew that money on the deductible for my knee surgery instead. Still plan on the .327, but with the Shield Arms 15rd mag pre-releasing, a 43x might jump it in line of purchase.

Today at the office:

Name:  LCR EDC Dump.jpg
Views: 1243
Size:  56.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    R
    Name:  LCR EDC Dump.jpg
Views: 1243
Size:  56.5 KB
    A D-Jammer in the wild! Keep mine in the range bag with gun cabinet and house keys and a little box of common bore brushes beside it.

A D-Jammer in the wild! Keep mine in the range bag with gun cabinet and house keys and a little box of common bore brushes beside it.
    Mine was doing range bag duty, too. Then I my new job required a bunch o'work keys and the DJ found it's true calling.

Cruiser and cuff keys on mine. Best way I’ve found for toting em on duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post
    32 long and even 32 H&R are extremely docile to shoot in the LCRX. Almost as soft as 22...
    .32H&R mag is my plan. We're looking at some property in farm country and I can see me shooting a bunch of .22 weekly and dry firing the .327 pretty much daily.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Didn't you have the compac pro grips on it?

I had tried the pros and while they carried nice the plan Compacts made Magnum shooting enjoyable.
    Yep, I’ve tried a couple different grips. Here’s what I have on it now:

Here’s what it had when I bought it:

User Tag List