Thread: Garrett Holsters Leather Lined Kydex IWB

Site Supporter

Garrett Holsters Leather Lined Kydex IWB

I recently purchased this holster for a 2” Model 10 RB. I wanted leather lined as Kydex can play hell with the finish. Timely delivery and very well executed. Recommended.

http://www.giholsters.com/product-p/hst2r00.htm
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Site Supporter
    I bought one of their Silent Thunders in 2009 for carrying my G26. I still use it when I carry that pistol. I've been very pleased with it. The leather has started to separate from the kydex just a tiny little bit at the top of the sweat guard, but that is forgivable in a holster that old.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    my experience with that holster was different. Leather started to peel away 3 days after I got it. Reported it, received another and the same issue about 5 days in. I personally wouldn't buy another. If you want leather, get leather. with their price being what it is, you can easily get a good leather holster.

I purchased one for a Wilson Combat 1911 a few years ago. From the beginning, every time the pistol was drawn from the holster, the front F/O sight brought a gob of leather along with the sight. I sent it back to Garrett with a note explaining the problem. (The same pistol didn't have this problem with leather holsters from Mitch Rosen or Galco). Garrett was responsive to my complaint and did a modification to the holster by opening up the sight channel. I received it back from them in a little less than two weeks and had the exact same problem with it. Subsequent telephone discussion resulted in us "agreeing to disagree". Garret claimed there was not problem with the holster, and the problem was the way I drew the pistol. He said I was "chicken-winging it". Ultimately they refunded the holster purchase price and I moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    my experience with that holster was different. Leather started to peel away 3 days after I got it. Reported it, received another and the same issue about 5 days in. I personally wouldn't buy another. If you want leather, get leather. with their price being what it is, you can easily get a good leather holster.
    The one Garrett holster I have had the leather peeling away pretty much straight from the package. Put some super glue on it, it's been fine ever since.

(I'm not so sure about the leather lining, but I had trouble finding the kind of field holster for my Redhawk I wanted and they made one, so... Works just fine for me, just not sure how necessary that leather lining really is. But hey, like I said - works fine. )

And for the record, there's been some issue with the lining of my Safariland 6005 wanting to peel away too. Had to cut small pieces of it off where the decocking levers of my PX4 were making contact with the edges of the holster. Seems like peeling is the nature of holster linings. (And super glue makes it all better. )

A few years ago I got one of Garett's leather-lined kydex holsters for a Sig 229R. The holster was OK, but with the kydex, the leather, and a chunky pistol, the whole package was extremely thick. I sold the holster with the gun and haven't looked back.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I was not impressed with the product and was extremely dissatisfied with their version of customer service. I'll carry in an old flip-flop modded into a holster before ever doing business with them again.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List