Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: KSTG Match at the NRA Range: Tu 1-May

We are diminished
    Dropkick -- you shot it correctly and your interpretation of the instructions is correct. If you didn't feel you could move faster for whatever reason, then shooting from retention (while neither required nor ideal from a score standpoint) was certainly a reasonable thing to do.

The whole point of my post above was to demonstrate that there were lots of ways people could shoot the stages, but some would result in better scores than others. So if you purposely chose to do something non-competitive, you cannot compare scores with the gamer and draw many conclusions.

I had a blast. This was my first KSTG match. I'll definitely be attending the next one. Some great shooters present last night. Major things that I noticed I need to work on: Sight tracking, Pay closer attention to my foot work(Staying inside the specified boudaries IOT avoid procedurals.), Greater concentration on trigger during follow-up shots when shooting at greater distances at speed. Big thanks to Todd and everyone who put this together.

Oh okay... I thought there was some confusion about how different stages were explained. Looks like I was confused about the confusion. Nothing to see here, move along.

That was a fun match last night. Many thanks to Todd and the other folks who made it happen. I look forward to the next one!

- Jack Blundell

We are diminished
    I had almost nothing whatsoever to do with last night's match, except lending a hand to the guys mentioned in my previous post and the NRA Range staff. They deserve all the credit!

is there a date set for the next match?

We are diminished
    Yes, Tuesday 29-May. Odds are the match won't begin until 6pm and there may only be four squads (24 paid slots).

is it possible to get 3 slots for the 8pm slot for me and 2 other staff members from nova armament?

We are diminished
    Registration will open about two weeks before the match. It's handled completely by the NRA Range and they do not allow anyone, even employees, to sign up in advance. Historically, the match sells out in about three hours. If the next match drops participation from 30 to 24, I suspect it will be closed even sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Stage 5, 5 retreating and 5 oblique. This stage wasn't terribly technical. The major mistake people made was trying to force the first target to be a close contact fight. The smarter move was to make distance as quickly as possible which put you over the fault line and got you in the required position for shooting the second target without having to look down to check your foot position. Guys who crawled backwards trying to shoot from retention not only hurt their scores but also practiced purposely staying within weapons retention distance when they didn't have to.
    Did you shoot this strong hand only? Would you have done both targets strong hand or both hands?
    Thanks,
    CC

User Tag List