Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Many F.A.S.Test Advanced or Better Shooters Used a Single Stack 1911

My <6 sec run was with an HK P30 V3 in Indy. I would need considerable practice to come close to that with my 1911. But that is me
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

I had a similar question and thought I would piggyback on this thread.

In your observations (Todd or anyone else) do most people w/ low FAST times drop the slide by slamming the mag, using the slide lock or racking the slide?

Without actually knowing or having been there... I'm gonna bet every one of the coin holders was with slide lock.

That's typically the technique Todd seems to teach pretty exclusively.
    I train to be better than I was yesterday. -F2S

We are diminished
    Slide release lever, every one.

Site Supporter
    My first advanced-Memphis 1/10-G34. In that class, Matt Fields shot an advanced with a 1911 with either a Libenberg (sp?) or Ned Christensen pistol

My second advanced- OKC 6/11-G35. No 1911s at all in the class.

I shot 5.46 in class with my Sig P220 and that was with the slide not locking back on the empty mag when I planned to use the slide release. The weak point in my performance is the first two shots. Anybody who is serious about shooting a single stack gun had better be really freaking good with reloads and ammo management in general.

I have taken AFHF twice and made advanced both times. 1st time was with a Colt Combat Commander, and second time was with and M&P9. I was slightly faster with the Colt but when I took the class I had been shooting that same gun for over 15 years when I took the second class I had been shooting the M&P for a few months.

Now that I have a couple of years with the M&P I think when I take another class I will improve my time significantly. My reloads are much faster than they ever were with a 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I have taken AFHF twice and made advanced both times. 1st time was with a Colt Combat Commander, and second time was with and M&P9. I was slightly faster with the Colt but when I took the class I had been shooting that same gun for over 15 years when I took the second class I had been shooting the M&P for a few months.

Now that I have a couple of years with the M&P I think when I take another class I will improve my time significantly. My reloads are much faster than they ever were with a 1911.
    Thanks Corey. What are your thoughts on the 1911 trigger in the press-out?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Slide release lever, every one.
    Isn't the slide lock release a mandatory part of the test anyways? The rules (http://pistol-training.com/fastest) state that it is, which implies that other methods would be a disqualification.

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjames View Post
    Isn't the slide lock release a mandatory part of the test anyways?
    Performing a slide-lock reload is part of the rules. How you send the slide home, after going to slide-lock and putting in a fresh mag, is up to you.

User Tag List