Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear for Runners Who Carry

By neoprene band do you mean these? Any way to carry a pistol while running is likely to suck equally IMO. I've been eyeballing these since the last thread about this topic mentioned them.

http://www.pistolwear.com/ProductDet...a1321470134895

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ght=pistolwear

I'm still very happy with my PT-Two (not a One, as I later learned).

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpogo View Post
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ght=pistolwear

I'm still very happy with my PT-Two (not a One, as I later learned).
    From what I can see the two is just a bit smaller and doesn't contain the mag pouch right? Will the two fit a G19 possibly?

I feel like it would, but I have yet to take it to the gunshop to prove it. I would not be ok with a Glock in a soft holster.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I've yet to find a satisfactory solution to carry a handgun of reasonable size while running. The various bands bounce around a lot even with a j-frame, especially if I'm running at speed. I tried a holster shirt once, and after 2 kilometers I wanted to toss it in a ditch it was so bad.

My self defense solution when running is simple: stick to established, well traveled trails and streets, and don't wear headphones. The nice thing about running as a leisure activity is that as long as you don't stop, you're a slightly more difficult target. I also don't carry anything other than my ID and a house key.

Ok, thanks for the info!
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I also don't carry anything other than my ID and a house key.
    That always struck me as a potentially dangerous combination. If I were to somehow become involuntarily incapacitated, a malevolent individual not only has my home address, but the means by which to access it.

I used to carry my ID and $20 cash (in case I needed to bribe a ride home, buy fluids, or whatever) and get in to the house using the garage keypad. But that's battery-powered, and batteries can fail. So now I wear a RoadID with my name and some emergency phone numbers, plus my house key.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I've yet to find a satisfactory solution to carry a handgun of reasonable size while running. The various bands bounce around a lot even with a j-frame, especially if I'm running at speed. I tried a holster shirt once, and after 2 kilometers I wanted to toss it in a ditch it was so bad.

My self defense solution when running is simple: stick to established, well traveled trails and streets, and don't wear headphones. The nice thing about running as a leisure activity is that as long as you don't stop, you're a slightly more difficult target. I also don't carry anything other than my ID and a house key.
    Pretty much my experience as far as trying to run with gun. I do run with a knife however vs stick. I am leaning hard to try out the Mountain People rig though. But it ain't exactly cheap.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
    That always struck me as a potentially dangerous combination. If I were to somehow become involuntarily incapacitated, a malevolent individual not only has my home address, but the means by which to access it.
    Yeah, I actually go back and forth on the whole "ID + key" issue. The problem is like many things, it's not a one-size fits all solution. My house has to be accessed by key, so unless someone else is home I have to carry a key with me. The ID thing is because I'm way more likely to be hit by a car or require some kind of emergency medical care than I am get mugged, and I'd rather the first responders know who I am. I've thought about getting a set of dog tags to wear that have my emergency contact info, name, and blood type instead of carrying an ID.

I can strongly recommend the RoadID (the bracelet, NOT the one that goes on your shoe). I've been running, hiking, road cycling, cyclocrossing, and single-tracking with mine since 2008. If the engraving ever fades or becomes damaged, they'll replace it for free.

User Tag List