Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat to Offer Glock Custom Work

I'm actually slightly surprised at how "meh" I am on this development. Kind of like customizing a Bic Lighter.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I forgot that darn smiley on the Bill Wilson comment on the G19. He is so spoiled by the triggers on his 1911 and Beretta pistols, that he would have to grip a Glock harder than he is accustomed to, with his easier to shoot platforms.
    @Bill Wilson
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I'm actually slightly surprised at how "meh" I am on this development. Kind of like customizing a Bic Lighter.
    Me too. I can do all the mods on a Glock I want myself. Mines a G2 19 so I don't have grooves to get rid of. That is a good price for the stippling package.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    I just want to know how well a fitted barrel will shoot from them.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Depending on their wait time I may send them my G40 to do the grip once they are removing the finger grooves.

Once finger groove removal is on the menu I fully intend to ship off my G19 for frame work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I might have them refinish my slide + barrel. Does anyone know if ArmorTuff has any of the lubricity that NP3 does?

Vending Machine Operator
    I feel kinda cheesy for it, but it would be neat to have a small laser engraving done on my Glocks.

Are their match barrels as reliable as stock? I know they've had those for a minute.

I'm also interested in Armor-Tuff but curious how it compares to the standard meloniting.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 08-24-2017 at 09:55 AM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I think I understand what they are doing. The deluxe 1911 market is getting saturated. I am sure Wilson is still selling a lot of 1911s but they may not be seeing as much growth as they would like. They have done a couple of things.
    1. Depart somewhat from the 1911 design with the EDC, depart from it a lot with the EDC X9.
    2. Put the corporate touch and logo on a couple of well understood, non-controversial guns; Beretta and now Glock.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I think I understand what they are doing. The deluxe 1911 market is getting saturated. I am sure Wilson is still selling a lot of 1911s but they may not be seeing as much growth as they would like. They have done a couple of things.
    1. Depart somewhat from the 1911 design with the EDC, depart from it a lot with the EDC X9.
    2. Put the corporate touch and logo on a couple of well understood, non-controversial guns; Beretta and now Glock.
    I agree, I think the diversification shows a good response to a slowing gun market.

I am curious what gun platform they will choose next. Perhaps P-series Sigs?
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List