Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simplicity

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Or everyone could just shoot P30 9mm's and you could cut the discussion down another 50%.
    Because 45 different trigger variations is simple?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

To TLG's point that the focus ought to be on software not hardware, a pre 2010 Glock 9mm is the obvious pistol choice to allow one to forget about hardware, for the following reasons:

It is the world's handgun, available in large numbers.

It is reliable and accurate without modifications beyond replacing sights.

It is user serviceable.

It is durable.

It has the largest range of accessories from holsters and sights to things like the SIRT pistol.

Magazines are widely available, as are spare parts.

It is not expensive.

It shoots modestly priced training ammo with high quality carry ammo available.

It holds enough rounds.

It can be easily modified by people that choose to.

It is ambidextrous.

It can be shot well by the widest range of shooters.

And for those that for operational or philosophical reasons want a .45, there is the HK 45/HK 45C.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    That crappy DA/SA trigger that BaiHu and I were using today to ping an 8x10" plate at 25 yards. Weak hand only. Double action. with 80-90% hits.

That trigger?
    I hear you... last weeks DoTW I was getting .50sec first hits using the Rodgers extended confirmed ready with that crappy V3 trigger...... wonder what I could have done with a good gun. (To be read with extreme sarcasm so as to not cause confusion)
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It is ambidextrous.
    It is not ambidextrous. That is one of the very few reasons I do not shoot the Glock. The slide stop lever is on the left hand side only and gen 3 and older have the magazine release on the left hand side only and is not reversable (doesn't matter as much because I train to use the mag release with my trigger finger). If Glock is ambidextrous, then virtually ALL handguns are ambidextrous as this how many pistols are set up.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Or everyone could just shoot P30 9mm's and you could cut the discussion down another 50%.
    Do you guys even practice malfunction clearances?

I suppose there's always battlefield pickups.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorpogo View Post
    They certainly should, the quality of currently available ammo hasn't changed.

joshs has a pile of Federal rounds (15 I think) that came from 1 case of ammo, all with dead primers.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpogo View Post
    I've never had anything that a tap-rack-bang couldn't fix. Honestly, I don't even do the "tap" portion anymore, as I find it useless. Shooting a bunch of cheap Tula ammo got me pretty fast on clearing common malfs
    http://thedownzerojourney.wordpress.com/

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    To TLG's point that the focus ought to be on software not hardware, a pre 2010 Glock 9mm is the obvious pistol choice to allow one to forget about hardware, ...
    Because we all know that people who shoot pre-2010 9mm Glocks never think about or discuss hardware.

Except maybe for sights. And connectors. Slide catch levers. Mag buttons. Trigger bars. Trigger springs. Striker springs. Mag springs. Recoil spring assemblies. Barrels. Slide serrations. Grip reductions. Lasers. Lights. Holsters. Magazines. Slide plates. Lube. Chromed pins. Firing pin blocks. Firing pin block springs. Strikers. 90-degree vs. 15-degree extractors. CLI vs. non-CLI extractors. Ejectors. Did I say "sights" yet?

I hope my luck with pre-2010 Glocks is as good as it sounds like everyone else's is. I just picked up one manufactured in April of 2005. Seems to be in really good shape and appears to be in stock configuration, including sights. Hoping for a reliable gun that does its job when I do mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Because we all know that people who shoot pre-2010 9mm Glocks never think about or discuss hardware.

Except maybe for sights. And connectors. Slide catch levers. Mag buttons. Trigger bars. Trigger springs. Striker springs. Mag springs. Recoil spring assemblies. Barrels. Slide serrations. Grip reductions. Lasers. Lights. Holsters. Magazines. Slide plates. Lube. Chromed pins. Firing pin blocks. Firing pin block springs. Strikers. 90-degree vs. 15-degree extractors. CLI vs. non-CLI extractors. Ejectors. Did I say "sights" yet?

Todd, if you are serious about improving your shooting, besides shooting more, you really need to keep your focus on software.

User Tag List