Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Brig Tac vs Sig P226 MK 25?

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Consider running a light film of grease on the frame rails vs. oil. Hope it gives you trouble free service!
    +1. Grease does a really good job of protecting the frame rail anodizing, which is important with aluminum frame guns. I've been very happy with both Slip2000 EWG and Lucas Oil grease. I would also recommend some clear nail polish on the grip screws to keep them from backing out, another issue common to SIGs. Enjoy the new gun!

Enjoy the MK25. It is probably one of the best ones that SIG has going right now in the P226 series. It stands on its own or is a good base gun for further projects. Just remember that it takes a different holster from some of the other classic 226s and you are all set. One of my 226s appears to be down for the count, and it will be replaced with a MK25 as a base gun for USPSA. Like others have stated, grease is your friend. If you are going to a match or class, ample grease and lube. You'll like the results in the long run. Again, congrats on the purchase. You'll like it for many, many years to come.

OPSPEC, Thanks for the encouragement. I'm excited about it. I only have 2 semis but the Beretta 92 and this Sig 226 MK25 seem like 2 good ones. My Sig came with a tube of Extreme Duty Lucas Oil in the case, but it is not grease. I'll have to get some

Quote Originally Posted by Rmiked View Post
    OPSPEC, Thanks for the encouragement. I'm excited about it. I only have 2 semis but the Beretta 92 and this Sig 226 MK25 seem like 2 good ones. My Sig came with a tube of Extreme Duty Lucas Oil in the case, but it is not grease. I'll have to get some
    That Lucas Extreme Duty is good stuff...all I use anymore. Stays where I put it and lasts a long time. Pick up a dropper bottle of that Lucas oil and the Lucas XD grease and you'll be set. I also recommend the Mec Gar 18 rounds mags for both the Beretta and P226. Good magazines and are roughly ~20 a piece. Stock up while everything's cheap.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Get the Beretta and don't look back.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Having owned a 92F and Mk25, I prefer the 92 hands down. But part of it was never re-wiring where to reach in an emergency reload.
    Last edited by JHC; 08-12-2017 at 07:20 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Rmiked View Post
    Thanks for tip on grease. I apply Mobil 1, 0-20 with a q-tip to the rails on my Beretta on frame and slide. Slicker than ice. But I'll try some grease based on your suggestion.
    For years Sig supplied TW-25b with their P series pistols. I use that exclusively on my 229R. Works great.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I have owned both. For me I shot the mk25 a lot better. It only had the srt installed. I just picked that thing up and would hit whatever.

Had a 92a1 with quite a few goodies. For me I could not shoot it as well. It was reliable and very accurate. But I had to really try. Something in the grip just did not work for me. I did like not hitting the slide stop though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never saw issues with the MK-25 or SP2022, IMO the best of SIG's current lineup. I would not bother with the SRT personally. While it certainly feels nice to play with it didn't really do anything for my splits but YMMV of course.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Are they still selling CPO's? My West German SIG Sauer P226 plus some gunsmithing to bring it up to about the price of a new one, only nicer, is very fine.
    It is mostly my house gun, its only fault is that the slide stop is not located the same as Colt, Beretta, S&W, CZ, etc.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    ...My West German SIG Sauer P226 ... its only fault is that the slide stop is not located the same as Colt, Beretta, S&W, CZ, etc.
    For all the people that complain about the backwards safety/decocker on the Beretta 92/M9 on nearly every gun forum on the planet, I'll also note SIG's decocker is not located in the same place as Beretta, S&W, CZ, Ruger, Walther, etc.

User Tag List