Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone running the CZ P07?

Quote Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
    By the time I drop $230+dollars of CGW parts in the P07, I'm about even with my PX4C.
    If the P07 weren't completely shootable in stock configuration, I wouldn't take a second look. I truly think the enhancement kit for the P07 is gilding the lilly.

Will it make it better? Sure. Do you really need it? I don't think so. But, I also don't put $200 triggers in my $400 GLOCKs, either...

I've been tempted just to buy another P-07 directly from CGW with the parts and work already added. Still cheaper than buying a Sig.
    But that's just because I'm lazy.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    If the P07 weren't completely shootable in stock configuration, I wouldn't take a second look. I truly think the enhancement kit for the P07 is gilding the lilly.

Will it make it better? Sure. Do you really need it? I don't think so. But, I also don't put $200 triggers in my $400 GLOCKs, either...
    Kind of my findings based on my one brief outing. The P07 seems to be quite ready to use right out of the box. It can benefit from some refinement but it seems "service worthy" as it comes. This seems to also be the case with my PX4C and with my Glocks. Some of the refinements seem to be fairly simple to accomplish by a "tabletop gunsmith" such as light polishing and some spring swaps, along with possible upgrades to preferred sights and maybe improved traction to key points of the grips. This seems to apply to each of the three pistols mentioned above. Each of these pistols seems to be of a complexity level that is approachable for the "serious hobbyist" willing to do some research, learn and cautiously approach doing some work on the pistols themselves.

I suspect once I get to the other side of this whole thing and kind of gently massage the P07, I will find that the P07 and Px4C are probably fairly closely matched for the intended CC role I have in mind. But I'm kinda hard headed and have to do my own hands-on to see how much of these pistols reputation is hype and what really does stand out.

Stuart at CZ Custom previously has mentioned to me how the P07 was designed for reliability.

Not that I view the MAC stuff as scientific, but I happened to watch the MAC test of the P07 last night, and the P07 just chugged right through the dirt, sand and mud, doing quite well.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Stuart at CZ Custom previously has mentioned to me how the P07 was designed for reliability.

Not that I view the MAC stuff as scientific, but I happened to watch the MAC test of the P07 last night, and the P07 just chugged right through the dirt, sand and mud, doing quite well.
    There is a bit to be said about limiting ingress points for debris in most mechanical systems.
    Last edited by SSGN_Doc; 08-04-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Ran back out to the woods this morning and ran a quick Dot Torture with the Px4 Compact, Px4 Full Size, and the P07. I was mostly interested in seeing how the P07 and the Px4 Compact compared in a more practical way. I have more trigger time with the little Px4 and have polished the hammer strut and trigger bar as well as installed a Wilson Combat #12 hammer spring. With regard to the P07, this was my second outing with it, and it is box stock. So, it may not be the most completely fair comparison, but in reality at 5 yds my performance with each is not too different.

My misses and shots that just cut the lines of the circles were mostly DA shots, or a bad press-out that I didn't break correctly. I seemed to need to work on more DA press-outs with the P07 so I ran another box doing some press-outs and then some cadence drills to improve on my follow-ups.

Last edited by SSGN_Doc; 08-04-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Got my first hundred-some rounds downrange. Performance was flawless, with one firer putting three of five rounds into a half inch at fifteen yards.

Little bastard prefers Winchester, which means my usual ATK fodder is not as suitable as I'd hoped. RA9B still a good round?

Quote Originally Posted by gruntjim View Post
    Got my first hundred-some rounds downrange. Performance was flawless, with one firer putting three of five rounds into a half inch at fifteen yards.

Little bastard prefers Winchester, which means my usual ATK fodder is not as suitable as I'd hoped. RA9B still a good round?

As long as it isn't part of the batch, recalled a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by gruntjim View Post
    Just started my 2,000 round challenge.

So far, I'm very impressed with the build quality, as well as the handling. I didn't see any machining marks, and it locks up extremely tight.

Carrying a CZ reminds me of serving during the Cold War, when the CZ-75 was the unofficial badge of guys who'd been to Europe.
    Mine breezed through the 2000 round challenge. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....allenge/page24

I still have 2 of these. Still think the stock mainspring is overkill but easily changed out. I'm not customizing them any more than that until some better sight options are available.

Round count is @ 10,000 ish and 4000 on the 2 I have. Zero TRS issues.
    JM Custom Kydex makes plenty of holsters for these guns. I have the #3 and an AIWB - I primarily purchased these pistols to try out AIWB carry.

The DA pull seems shorter (but not quite as smooth) on these than my Sigs. The SA pull makes them stooopid easy to run fast.
    Last edited by Greg; 08-07-2017 at 08:42 AM.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I have one P-07 that can't run a full magazine typically without a malfunction and a second one that runs excellent. While I like the P-07 after shooting the PX4 compact carry side by side with my P-07. I'd go PX4 compact carry for my needs if I could do it over again.

Here is another P-07 thread and post #17 has pictures of my P-07 malfunctions.
    Owner of Ryker Nylon Gear - Ryker Nylon Gear Facebook

User Tag List