Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any photos of kydex AIWB holsters being used with soft-loops?

Quote Originally Posted by ER_STL View Post
    Awesome. Does that metal clip work on the JMCK AIWB? I can't tell from the image which one it is.

Thanks...
    I think Tony uses that clip on his "universal" holster. You might want to check his site to see if others work with it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I

Any help/photos would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Raven Morrigan G43

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Raven Morrigan G43

That's a fine watch you have there.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    That's a fine watch you have there.
    Indeed! [emoji16]
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Haha....think athletic build with a dad-pouch. I'm in 34" jeans and wear a 44R sport-coat. Most of my dress shirts are athletic cut.

When I wear my leather AIWB with a more minimalistic clip it'll conceal a G19 just fine under a normal t-shirt. With the JMCK AIWB you'll see a bulge along the belt as I move about.

When you said that JM is now "using their own IM split loops", what does that mean? Are those soft or fixed? And for the soft, do you typically order ones sized for the belt (1.5" in my case) or do you go up a size and crisscross the loops when you snap them into place?

Sorry for the excessive questions - this thread is great so far.
    You would likely benefit from a holster model that uses a bit less belt wedge than the standard JMAIWB, or one of the models that uses a claw. Your build sounds pretty close to mine (34-36 pants, 42-44L coats) and the standard JM wedge is a bit too belt warping anymore.

JM used to use kydex/boltaron formed fixed loops, split and solid. Now they have designed and produced an injection molded fixed split loop. The IM materials are better suited to the stresses of being a belt attachment.

Typical soft loops will shit having three hole spaces that you can set the posts in corresponding to the most common belt widths. I will usually set it to the belt width and just use them straight. I got more bulge cris-crossing them. Though that does make for a slightly more stable mount.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Here is a pic with a mastermind tactics, after I've "ironed" the pull the dot loops. By "ironed" I take some parchment paper, cover the loop, and on a low setting iron them to flatten the profile. It seems to help with a bit of printing.
    Name:  IMG_1204.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  59.5 KB

User Tag List