Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Full size gun for concealed carry?

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    For close to a year and a half I carried the the Glock 17 gen 4 appendix in a Zorn Skinny Rig.
    Since about July[??]2016 I've gone to the Walther P99as in 9mm.
    The Walther is just about the size of the G19, and I shoot it way better than I can the 17. The 17 hid well, and was comfortable enough for EDC, but the Walther is more ergonomic for my hands, the paddle release works well for my lefty-ness, and I only dropped 2 rounds in capacity.
    I'm using a KSG Sidekick holster, with the Raven wing and pad. Good setup.
    Um... Do you mean a full size Walther P99? Because if you put that next to your Glock 17, you'll see that it's really no smaller (just nicely curved instead of a, well, block). I know, looking at them separately you'd swear there's a size difference, but go ahead and compare them directly. You'll see what I mean.

And since the P99 uses 16 round magazines (at least the gen 1 mags are 16 rounders), don't you only lose 1 round in capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    Um... Do you mean a full size Walther P99? Because if you put that next to your Glock 17, you'll see that it's really no smaller (just nicely curved instead of a, well, block). I know, looking at them separately you'd swear there's a size difference, but go ahead and compare them directly. You'll see what I mean.

And since the P99 uses 16 round magazines (at least the gen 1 mags are 16 rounders), don't you only lose 1 round in capacity?
    Yes, the "full size" P99, not the 99c.

Not too many Walther shooters/carriers that I see on the forum....

Last edited by CSW; 01-05-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List