Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: FNS-9

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo M3 View Post
    Just picked one up yesterday BNIB.

to sum it up as simple as possible:

It's basically like the M&P9 FS with the APEX DCAEK and Night Sights pre-installed. They almost mirror each other exactly.
    Except with more consistent accuracy, I'm hoping. I am completely unfamiliar with FN pistols (although I'll try my google-fu in a moment) but is there a compact/sub-compact available like the PPQ/PPS combo?

Not to my knowledge K831

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Not to my knowledge K831
    With the frustration people are experiencing with gen4 Glocks (and new production gen3's) as well as the accuracy complaints against the M&P, the cost and not-so-popular triggers on HK's and I'm seeing lots of FNS-9 vs PPQ discussions popping up on various forums.

Seems the PPS is one of the major pro's for the PPQ in that scrap for "best new platform".

I have read on a few places that FN has plans for a sub compact and a long slide model. If I remember correctly they were both rumored to happen later this year. But those sources were highly unofficial, and I can't even find them again at the moment. But if that is true, I would likely pick up both new versions, so I hope it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by JB326 View Post
    I have read on a few places that FN has plans for a sub compact and a long slide model. If I remember correctly they were both rumored to happen later this year. But those sources were highly unofficial, and I can't even find them again at the moment. But if that is true, I would likely pick up both new versions, so I hope it is true.

They have an empty link to a compact model on their web page.

A long slide option is definitely in the works. I know a FNH team shooter who should be receiving a long slide soon. With the base model, the FNH team was using prototypes for about 1 year before it was released to the public.

Anyone know what the barrel length will be for the long slide version? 4.5 or 5 inches?

How's the bore axis? Does it seem to shoot soft or flat (highly subjective, I know, and debatable whether it really matters, but humor me. )

Is the grip angle closer to a Glock or a M&P/1911?

Cosmo,

What is your experience with the DCAEK?

I thought that the M&P with the DCAEK was VASTLY different than the FNS trigger.

I have handled several hundred M&P's with DCAEK's in them and only two FNS's and both FNS's had vastly different triggers than the M&P.

The FNS break is significantly different, its break location in relation to the frame itself is different and even the takeup feels different, considerably heavier than the M&P.

The M&P with a DCAEK feels like a revolver in that its weight is spread out fairly evenly along the entirety of the trigger press.

The FNS has a very heavy break with almost no roll and a fairly stiff take up.

Quote Originally Posted by Leozinho View Post
    How's the bore axis? Does it seem to shoot soft or flat (highly subjective, I know, and debatable whether it really matters, but humor me. )

Is the grip angle closer to a Glock or a M&P/1911?
    M&P everything

User Tag List