Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite J frame?

I just couldn't fight it off any longer...

All this revolver talk of late. Ordered a 642 (no-lock) so my 686+ won't be lonely.

The LE price was right (came to $350 shipped/insured). Neighbor is an FFL and agreed to receive it for me.

With any luck maybe it'll get here in time to put under the tree.
    Last edited by blues; 12-17-2016 at 12:08 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

My 442. There are many like it but this one is mine. The inscription is to deter TSA with HAPPY hands to steal someone else's gun. It's worked so far. It also has the Apex spring kit and firing pin in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"...that "firearms of the dentist, owned by the dentist, for the dentist, shall not perish from the suitcase."

Site Supporter
    My 340pd. When I read about them in the gun rags I called gt distributors with credit card in hand. I took it to the range with a bunch of 357 ammo and shot it to pick out the least violent rounds. Remington 125gr bullets were picked and was what I carried in it for years "till I know better". It doesn't even get +p's anymore just wadcutters. Being rather unsophisticated I made a pocket holster for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice. For anyone wondering- Tyler T-Grips are still in biz, and they shipped me two surprisingly quick, considering I paid via check in mail. The Baramis I think you can get on Amazon now too.

Site Supporter
    Currently own one 642 no lock but really want another 340 MP no lock. My 642 wears Crimson Trace LG's and fills a rule 1 and BUG role.

Really Nice Images !!!!!

Generally staying in a hot, southwest metropolis.
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    "...that "firearms of the dentist, owned by the dentist, for the dentist, shall not perish from the suitcase."
    Feels like I'm missing a hat tip to a really classic reference here. Hints for the new guy?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by steaknvodka View Post
    Feels like I'm missing a hat tip to a really classic reference here. Hints for the new guy?
    Perhaps you've heard of the Gettysburg Address?

Quote Originally Posted by steaknvodka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Perhaps you've heard of the Gettysburg Address?
    Le Francais got it. The good Dr. House's post preceding my quip just tickled me with his remarks and the efforts he went to to avoid his firearm ending up in hands not his own. Didn't mean for it to be mysterious...and I apologize for any consternation caused.

User Tag List