Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Talk to me about......2" K frames

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Bofus... that's coon-ass for "both of us".

The current production examples are quit nice, and not overly priced. Unless you WANT a K-22, I'd definitely get the BearCat for this sort of work.

Thank you, kind sir. I always value your opinion, and shall acquire one.

The young lad is quite a good young man, and wishes to be a Marine Osprey pilot when he grows up. So we are starting him early on aircraft and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent;514997

[ATTACH=CONFIG
    11203[/ATTACH]

My apologies for the confusion. I used a Model 64-2 as a prop, to hopefully atone for my poor memory.
    I know that gun
    Last edited by Cecil Burch; 10-20-2016 at 12:54 PM.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by The Apprentice View Post
    Back to the revolver, is this actually a M15, old enough to have a pinned barrel, with target hammer and trigger, and a round butt?

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Back to the revolver, is this actually a M15, old enough to have a pinned barrel, with target hammer and trigger, and a round butt?
    Probably, although I've never known about a 2" M-15 with a round butt. But the factory has put out some stuff that never saw a catalog... so I'd say its either a re-do by somebody, or a not-so-common example. If you're willing to cough up fifty or so bucks, a letter to the factory will let you know for sure.

It also appears to have the "ranger trigger", which appeared first on the factory Texas Ranger Commemrative (sp?) M-66, in the 80s. This trigger was neither fish nor fowl. It was almost exactly halfway of the thickness between a skinny standard trigger, and the wide-as-hell "target" trigger on the high-end offerings... both K and N frames. The big thing that electrified the average S&W fan was that the ranger trigger was SMOOTH. The others were grooved, and could wear out your forefinger in rather short order. And, in fact, for the nimrod/recreational shooter, it was indeed a very nice trigger. Serious combat shooters since Ed McGivern have known that if you plan to shoot all trigger-cocking, get yourself a SKINNY trigger and smooth that puppy up.

Anyway, sorry for the sidebar...

But the factory has put out some stuff that never saw a catalog
    Have had the opportunity to yak with Charlie Petty a couple of times over the years. One thing he was fond of saying was that "with S&W, "always and never" are not words that should be used with their handguns, cause sure as hell, some dude in the back room thought a .22LR N frame would be "neat"".
    Last edited by Al T.; 10-27-2016 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    As fare as I can tell it is marked 15-3 and was shipped in 1970. The trigger is wide and grooved got out to the range and shoot it last weekend it was fun. I have no idea if it is something special or some pieced together gunsmith special. It does seam to have had some work done unless they chamfered the cylinders back then. Its older than I am so I'm more than happy to learn from my elders especially guys who used to work with them.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Probably, although I've never known about a 2" M-15 with a round butt. But the factory has put out some stuff that never saw a catalog... so I'd say its either a re-do by somebody, or a not-so-common example.
    Yup, I was always puzzled that the M-19 had the round butt but the M-15 had the square, even with the shorter barrel, even though I believe the frame window is identical? What a cool gun, especially if it were an early distributor special.

User Tag List