Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .38 Super for carry

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    WHY bother with the 38 super? 100 fps more in some obscure, hard to get, untested, and expensive loading won't add anything.
    But I wanna be a gun hipster

Quote Originally Posted by TR675
    It will add some style, man. Serious style.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount
    He is probably looking for something more accurate than his 9mm M&P
    This. But I am also planning to try an Apex barrel. It is just that I have a Government and a Commander in .38 Super and I really like how they shoot.

Now, to be serious for a moment. Thanks for the ammo suggestions. Locally I have only found Silvertips and the Sig V-Crown. I will have to order some Wilson's and some Corbon's and see how they both shoot. I remember reading somewhere that Asym also has a JHP in .38 Super, but I have never found it at any local stores that carry Asym. I will have to look into that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD
    But I would love to see some data from Dr. Roberts suggesting that I'm as smart as I think I am.
    Me too. Or at least from someone close to his skill level at conducting fair, unbiased tests.
    Last edited by Corey; 09-12-2016 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Damn autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Not very comfortable with the first assertion; going faster sometimes makes some bullets expand too fast and fragment or underpentrate.
    I agree with this. I'd worry a bit about trying to drive a 124 gr. bullet designed for a 9 mm at 1350--I think there might be a real risk of overexpansion/underpenetration. I'd feel a lot better with a 125 gr. bullet designed for the .357 SIG, which will be engineered for those velocities.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by noylj View Post
    Any bullet that does well at 9x19 velocity, will certainly do as well, if not better, at .38 Super velocity.
    I...yeah, no. That's definitely not so.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List