Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Custom Shadow VS Wilson 92G

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    One thing to consider if you plan on carrying the gun is that the Shadow doesn't have a firing pin safety.

Also, I do tend to think we get wrapped around the axel a bit on gun choices. I believe that once you pick a platform, most any mainstream pistol can be shot at high level.

But....given this is a gun forum and we come here to talk about the minutiae of guns; I think given your two options, the Beretta would be a better overall choice.
    I'm only carrying the compact model (P01 currently). The full size gun is my "game" gun but I still want it to be something trustworthy for home defense use.

I found some comparison pics of the 92 compact compared to the P01, and it does appear to be quite a bit bigger. That may make this whole thing a nonstarter.

I don't have anything against the CZ so if I stay there I'm cool with that, but the Wilson (and possibly Langdon) custom 92's have an appeal all of their own.
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis View Post
    I'm only carrying the compact model (P01 currently). The full size gun is my "game" gun but I still want it to be something trustworthy for home defense use.

I found some comparison pics of the 92 compact compared to the P01, and it does appear to be quite a bit bigger. That may make this whole thing a nonstarter.

I don't have anything against the CZ so if I stay there I'm cool with that, but the Wilson (and possibly Langdon) custom 92's have an appeal all of their own.
    Between a compact and a full size, the only "home defense" advantage I see in the larger gun is capacity, which is really easy to fix on the compact. Maybe you could shoot a full size a hair faster, but I've never gotten the impression that is as critical in the real world as it is in sports.

Tom, I have a full complement of Beretta 92 guns and a CZ P01, and some experience with SP01/Shadow.

For purposes of carry, no Beretta comes close to P01 from standpoint of size and weight. Question is of P01's durability and with maintenance and perhaps a backup gun this can be solved.

For purposes of competition, CZ is a bit more capable but the true discriminator is how each gun fits you ergonomically. Grip size and trigger reach are two big ones for me.

For purposes of almost care-free approach, no CZ comes close to Beretta.
    Last edited by YVK; 07-18-2016 at 11:02 PM.

Site Supporter
    Not much to say that hasn't already been said...the Beretta is my personal preference and while the smart thing may be to get a 92 full size and a PX4 compact and just avoid the 92 (not very) compact altogether.

That said...the 92 compact has been one of the easiest guns to shoot I've ever laid a hand in.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

That said...the 92 compact has been one of the easiest guns to shoot I've ever laid a hand in.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    As it should be, because the only thing really compact about it, is its name.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    To be fair, it is compact vs. the full size FS/G/Elite/Brig.

But that is kinda like saying the H2 Hummer is compact compared to the full size Hummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis View Post

I also find the 92 family too big for carry. I shoot the Shadow for gaming and carried the P-01 for some time, but shifted over to the P-07, an excellent pistol for the price. The P-07 does require some gunsmithing to get it up to my standards for trigger quality, and there are limited sight options for it. The short bearing surface (vertical) of the slide means that manipulating it, especially with wet hands, can be suboptimal. For a variety of reasons, I keep sliding back to the P2000 for carry, although I'm interested in the EL PX4c.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    To be fair, it is compact vs. the full size FS/G/Elite/Brig.

But that is kinda like saying the H2 Hummer is compact compared to the full size Hummer.
    More like an H3 vs. the original H1. The H2 Hummer was the Fat Albert of SUVs.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I've never had my hands on one. Is it bigger than a 229?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I've never had my hands on one. Is it bigger than a 229?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The 92c is heavier and longer, but then SIG wisely chose not to call the 229 the "226 compact".
    Last edited by SteveB; 07-20-2016 at 11:32 AM.

User Tag List