Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. Marshals hiring announcement opens 06/06/16

This thread got my hopes up and then crushed them...

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    This thread got my hopes up and then crushed them...
    One of the keys to a lot of Fed LEO jobs is to have your resume and everything ready at a moments notice, and keep up within social media on openings and hiring practices. At the very least, sign up for the alerts on usajobs.gov.

Only having your vacancy announced long enough for those actually looking to join is an easy way to weed out shotgun applications.
    Last edited by TGS; 06-07-2016 at 09:31 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    One of the keys to a lot of Fed LEO jobs is to have your resume and everything ready at a moments notice, and keep up within social media on openings and hiring practices. At the very least, sign up for the alerts on usajobs.gov.

Only having your vacancy announced long enough for those actually looking to join is an easy way to weed out shotgun applications.
    I've got everything done...I can submit anything immediately, the announcement wasn't open so...guess next time.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It was 2016. When they close the date always back dates to last year. Happened on the last opening. And the one 4 years ago
    That seems weird, but it's the government, so...

I was knee-high to a hobbit at the time, but IIRC when my father and his academy buddies all graduated from college (GI Bill, nights, about 6 years after getting non the PD) they all applied to the FBI. It turns out that the FBI wasn't interested, but they all were contacted by other agencies. One of his friends went IRS, and another went Immigration. Dad was offered Border Patrol, but they said he had to relocate to the southern border (SOP, at the time, not sure about now) and he didn't want to move the family that far, so he stuck with the PD.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    That seems weird, but it's the government, so...

I was knee-high to a hobbit at the time, but IIRC when my father and his academy buddies all graduated from college (GI Bill, nights, about 6 years after getting non the PD) they all applied to the FBI. It turns out that the FBI wasn't interested, but they all were contacted by other agencies. One of his friends went IRS, and another went Immigration. Dad was offered Border Patrol, but they said he had to relocate to the southern border (SOP, at the time, not sure about now) and he didn't want to move the family that far, so he stuck with the PD.
    It's likely because they are just re-using the same announcement.

PS - starting in the Southen land border is still SOP in most cases for USBP.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I've got everything done...I can submit anything immediately, the announcement wasn't open so...guess next time.
    It was likely open for an hour or two. They may do an open announcement but expect it to fill / close quickly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It was likely open for an hour or two. They may do an open announcement but expect it to fill / close quickly as well.
    I went by my local Marshall office and spoke with a recruiter a while back, maybe a year, and was told that I could always stop by and see if they are hiring face to face.

I might need to do that.

So, the announcement that was posted about earlier was supposedly a mistake that went back to an older announcement. At least that's what the USMS said.... Anyways, the current one is open today only. For anyone interested I posted the link below. Had I been younger or not already moved with another part of the alphabet then I would be all over this.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/427839500

Quote Originally Posted by NCmtnman View Post
    So, the announcement that was posted about earlier was supposedly a mistake that went back to an older announcement. At least that's what the USMS said.... Anyways, the current one is open today only. For anyone interested I posted the link below. Had I been younger or not already moved with another part of the alphabet then I would be all over this.

I looked and I could qualify if I had some sort of LE or law background.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by NCmtnman View Post

Only for federal employees and or vets.

I don't qual for this unfortunately.

Gata wait until open announcement.

If anyone sees one come up please post...or PM me...

User Tag List