Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: G19 with RMR06 and KKM compensator

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    Interesting. What sights were you using?

When you say "thinner front sight", do you mean a thin front sight (<= .115") in combination with a relatively wide rear notch (~.150")? Or, do you mean to say it's primarily the thinness of the front sight that helps your speed, irrespective of the rear notch width?
    I used the standard trijicon night sights on my G22.

I would have much prefered a .110-.115 front sight, keeping the standard width rear sight. Most of my previous thinner front sights were in the .112-.117 range. As long as it is between .110 and .120, I consider it to be all good.

ets: I have not done a lot of shooting with wider than normal rear sights. using the standard rear width and my prefered thinner sight, I can go as fast as I can go, and as accurately as I can shoot. Seems to be a good combination for me.
    Last edited by SLG; 05-04-2016 at 12:16 PM.

If you pull the trigger slowly on a Glock, it's not uncommon to see the slide move around/up on the frame rails. Some move more than others. I wonder how much of this relates to accuracy?

I know it doesn't matter with SIGs but I can't get it out of my head when shooting a Glock.....

Heaven help me.......did I just compare a Glock to SIG accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    If you pull the trigger slowly on a Glock, it's not uncommon to see the slide move around/up on the frame rails. Some move more than others. I wonder how much of this relates to accuracy?

I know it doesn't matter with SIGs but I can't get it out of my head when shooting a Glock.....

Heaven help me.......did I just compare a Glock to SIG accuracy?
    I don't know much about that. But recently when PF member BES was setting out to get a Gen 4 G19 I have him my pitch about side to side slide play for checking out guns to buy. He did a bunch of searching around the web and came back to me with more info about my test, which is said is a known "thing" in some circles plus that movement you just described. He demo'd this to me and sure enough my gun with the most side to side play - moved up on the frame rails more than the tight guns did.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I wonder if what you guys are talking about has anything to do with the fact that Glock rails are individually set in the polymer frame or not. Obviously this would be different from other pistols that have a one piece rail/chassis insert in the polymer or even a full metal frame. I could be crazy and be completely wrong, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Her male teammate did the same, fwiw, but I don't remember the details off hand. It had to do with how the trigger fit the frame, iirc. I'll ask.

Point being that the frame controls a lot of what goes on in a Glock, and simply dropping a nice trigger (or doing some kind of a trigger job) won't always give you the results you want. Frame fit was a critical component. Both of them shot essentially stock triggers as well.
    Talked to the aforementioned female shooter. She does not remember any of this happening. Said neither of them ever had access to just the frames. Sorry, maybe I was mixing stories or confusing something else, idk.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I don't know much about that. But recently when PF member BES was setting out to get a Gen 4 G19 I have him my pitch about side to side slide play for checking out guns to buy. He did a bunch of searching around the web and came back to me with more info about my test, which is said is a known "thing" in some circles plus that movement you just described. He demo'd this to me and sure enough my gun with the most side to side play - moved up on the frame rails more than the tight guns did.
    My Gen4 G19 which displays the worst accuracy of any Gen4 I've shot has A LOT of noticeable slide rise/drop during the trigger movement. I even pointed it out to GLOCK when it went back for a checkup, and I was told it was "normal." Of course, we do have to remember that GLOCKs are, when all is said and done, cheap, easy to mass produce designs that were built with an eye towards reliability and durability, not towards match accuracy. Kind of like old school thinking on 1911s, when it was fairly accepted that you could have one that shot accurately, or ran well, but not both.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    My Gen4 G19 which displays the worst accuracy of any Gen4 I've shot has A LOT of noticeable slide rise/drop during the trigger movement. I even pointed it out to GLOCK when it went back for a checkup, and I was told it was "normal." Of course, we do have to remember that GLOCKs are, when all is said and done, cheap, easy to mass produce designs that were built with an eye towards reliability and durability, not towards match accuracy. Kind of like old school thinking on 1911s, when it was fairly accepted that you could have one that shot accurately, or ran well, but not both.
    "Normal" is probably accurate. Did you explain to him that you were a far better than normal shooter and wanted a far better than "normal" Glock 19?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    "Normal" is probably accurate. Did you explain to him that you were a far better than normal shooter and wanted a far better than "normal" Glock 19?
    I've had an unfortunately large number of interactions with GLOCK CS, and, frankly, have found them to be nearly universally dismissive and belittling ("limp wristing", "weak ammo", and other shooter issues being the go-tos). I did include a sample of 25 yard targets shot with the Gen4 in question and another Gen4 that shoots significantly tighter, but that made no impression.

Like I said, GLOCK is what it is, and it's still what I carry, by choice, every day. But people do need to realize what it is, and what it isn't.

Great... Nice information!!

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Talked to the aforementioned female shooter. She does not remember any of this happening. Said neither of them ever had access to just the frames. Sorry, maybe I was mixing stories or confusing something else, idk.
    I remember you telling me about that 10 years ago. I recall it exactly how you relayed it.

User Tag List