Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A British cop's experience with the Detroit PD

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The guys aren’t the best paid in the country, and yet they come into work every single day and do their job. They’re some of the best cops I’ve seen in America.”
    Have they gotten a raise since my father retired? I know at the time there hadn't been a raise in a decade or so.

Settling down (buying a house) in WA was a bit of an eye-opener; there were two or three Seattle cops living in my (suburban) neighborhood. Detroit cops have to reside in the city. Many of them had a house in the suburbs for their family, and a crash pad in town.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    After living in the Detroit area for a total of 10 months, I can relate to this story--I was in awe of anyone who chose to wake up and put a badge and uniform on in the east side of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Have they gotten a raise since my father retired? I know at the time there hadn't been a raise in a decade or so.
    Yes, but still not enough for those dudes.. Very poorly run and corrupt city, but this new Mayor seems to be making strides.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...ises/76554970/

User Tag List