Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Recommend Revolver Over Semi Auto for Concealed Carry ?

Site Supporter
    When I tore a disc in my lower back I started wearing spec-ops combat suspenders. My duty shirts needed to be modified. The big difference was when I switched to the curved safariland duty belt along with the pad under the duty belt and the pad under my ALS duty holster. It was like night and day as far as comfort. Dont forget a shoulder off duty allows you carry a duty gun with spare ammo and save you back pain

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    When I tore a disc in my lower back I started wearing spec-ops combat suspenders. My duty shirts needed to be modified. The big difference was when I switched to the curved safariland duty belt along with the pad under the duty belt and the pad under my ALS duty holster. It was like night and day as far as comfort. Dont forget a shoulder off duty allows you carry a duty gun with spare ammo and save you back pain
    Great suggestions, Thanks!
    I had not thought of a shoulder rig before. All I can tolerate right now is an air weight .38 five shooter and two speed strips in a pocket. I have one somewhere for a Colt DS I will look for and use in the interim. Glad I found a shooter grade DS a few weeks ago..
    Last edited by deputyG23; 01-01-2016 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    I had not thought of a shoulder rig before.
    If you're leaning that way, look up the Ken Null City Slicker. I had one that I wore religiously under my SWAT gear- I mean under ALL of it, like, next to my skin. Its the best, most comfortable way to carry a J frame not on the belt, IMO.

Mine was lent out to some sorry bastard who never returned it (and of course I don't remember who. As a result, the list of folks who I lend shit to is less than the number of fingers on one hand); I need to to get another one, for odd times. LSP552 was in contact with Mr. Null a while back, so perhaps he is still working.

Site Supporter
    His web page is up and running with three different shoulder rigs and lots of other good looking stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    His web page is up and running with three different shoulder rigs and lots of other good looking stuff.
    I was just checking it out myself. Somewhere around here I have one of the SMZ rigs I used to use once in a while for my 3913.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Lot of smart sense in this post.

You know what stops me? These whack jobs shooting up public places… with serious iron. My luck, I'd be caught in the middle of one of those.

This is a good point and a very big concern for me. I finally came to the conclusion that most whack jobs seem to wear body armor, and the street thug teams all look like they just came out of an NFL training camp. What I'm trying to say is that the bad guys are either armored up, or are physically capable of soaking up a lot of rounds to the body before being incapacitated.

I know I'm probably in the minority but... I'm dedicated to head shots only. I'm not wasting any rounds on body armor, or on some guy that has been lifting weights for the last 10 years in prison. Now, when drugs are added to the equation, head shots may be the only way to make someone stop acting up in short order. It isn't guaranteed to stop them quick, but it does put the odds in my favor.

If I have thought this thing through correctly, I only need one head shot to be successful and I have 11 chances to make that happen. Given that, I'm no longer concerned about creating significant enough blood loss to end the attack by making a bunch of holes in a torso. I hope I'm right!!!!

FWIW, there is an SMZ for a j-frame listed on ebay.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List