Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: USSOCOM Safety Message for EOTech Sights

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Can you provide detail? This is what I get when I try your link:

Edited to add: I purchased an EOTech 512 in Nov 2008 because the interwebs told me they were awesome. It now sits around collecting dust. It's still functional, but I don't want it. If there's any way for me to get some of my wasted money back, I'm very interested.

(I haven't bothered trying to sell it due to age, dings, and current reputation of EOTech)
    I submitted a Return authorization request a few days ago for a sight purchased in 2010 just to see what would happen. So far no response at all. I have my doubts that they will do anything for sights out of the 2 year warranty. I will happily continue to use mine if I never hear from them. If they do magically end up refunding me, it will be a bonus.
    Last edited by EMC; 12-03-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    I submitted a Return authorization request a few days ago for a sight purchased in 2010 just to see what would happen. So far no response at all. I have my doubts that they will do anything for sights out of the 2 year warranty. I will happily continue to use mine if I never hear from them. If they do magically end up refunding me, it will be a bonus.
    Literally minutes after posting this, I was emailed back with authorization stating I would receive full purchase price plus $15 shipping. I think I will take advantage of that.

Literally minutes after posting this, I was emailed back with authorization stating I would receive full purchase price plus $15 shipping. I think I will take advantage of that.
    Just out of curiosity, do you have to supply an original receipt showing purchase price?

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, do you have to supply an original receipt showing purchase price?
    I provided no purchase documentation and none was requested. I might put my printed reciept in with the return authorization just to ensure it processes, but it was not requested.

The required information on the RMA form was contact info, model, serial#, and manufacturer date. I put in the comments section that I was requesting refund and put my purchase price. That's it.
    Last edited by EMC; 12-03-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Thanks so much for the info. I know what I'll be doing as soon as I get home this evening...
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Mind if I ask what you entered for "Description of Failure" on the return request? Since your request was already approved, I just want to maximize my chances of same.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Mind if I ask what you entered for "Description of Failure" on the return request? Since your request was already approved, I just want to maximize my chances of same.
    I put the same message in description of failure that I did in the comments section "requesting refund for purchase price of...." .

My return request was just approved. Thank you again for your help!

My return request was just approved. Thank you again for your help!
    Awesome! You're welcome.
    I mailed mine off this morning.
    Last edited by EMC; 12-04-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Awesome! You're welcome.
    I mailed mine off this morning.
    Did you end up including a printed receipt in the box?

Just like you, they didn't ask me for one, but I'm not sure if it might expedite processing.

User Tag List