Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire XC-1 compact WML

Maybe I missed it, but what is the battery life?

Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    The Surefire website says 1.5 hours, but that's to 10% output. No mention of how it's regulated.

The APL is also rated at 200 lumens and 1.5 hours, but it uses a CR123.

I suspect that the total output of the two is a bit different.....

Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    The box says "1 Hour Tactical Runtime" or something to that effect. Not sure what SF defines as "tactical"; I would assume constant-on, but "tactical" sounds cooler.

Played with mine all weekend, I like it, but in a sem-rural area I don't see the X300U getting much respite. I never carry a WML but want to experiment a little, AIWB makes it harder though. Now, there are rumors of a light-compatible Eidolon coming out around SHOT; I can only assume the XC1 would be the match for that.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Update on the JM holster for the XC1-

The first holster I received from Tony was his standard AIWB holster that he then modified to fit the XC1. It worked well, and while the added bulk didn't make it uncomfortable for me it was noticeable.

A couple of days ago I received a new version of this holster. In talking with Tony he is also impressed with the XC1 and feels it is probably the best light for CCW purposes currently on the market, so he decided to do something different. Soon he will have a line out dedicated to the XC1, where the holsters (like below) are designed around the light instead of adapting his existing designs to accommodate it.

The result is a package that (for me) carries just as well as the 19 without the light - very comfortable. The retention is (in my opinion) a little nicer than the first model, snapping in more positively with a little less drag. One huge difference retention wise is this holster holds the gun without the light about as perfectly as my regular AIWB holster. It has only been a couple of days and there is a lot more testing I need to do, but I think Tony has another winner on his hands!
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    "You have to go faster to get faster and wasted motion is dumb."

Good stuff Sean. My JMCK The George for the XC1 should be in today. Too bad I'm still waiting for the light to come in. I'm wondering if maybe I should have waiting for Tony to make a dedicated XC1 holster...I doubt I'll be disappointed though.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Good stuff Sean. My JMCK The George for the XC1 should be in today. Too bad I'm still waiting for the light to come in. I'm wondering if maybe I should have waiting for Tony to make a dedicated XC1 holster...I doubt I'll be disappointed though.
    xmanhockey7, yours is the updated version.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    xmanhockey7, yours is the updated version.

Thanks
    Awesome. Thanks Tony. I'm anxiously awaiting the post man.

ETA: Postman came. Photo for those who I know will ask. Both guns are Glock 19s.

Last edited by xmanhockey7; 10-28-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Site Supporter
    Really liking the look of Tony's holsters for the XC1 . . . especially the one in xman's post. Would be almost ideal for my use. Currently waiting on RCS to ship my holster/light deal and thinking that I'll be putting another order in to JMCK if the RCS doesn't work out.

Site Supporter
    I got an In-stock E mail notification today from SKD Tactical - and they were out of stock within 8 minutes ....

Yep, I was too slow on the SKD deal. Still waiting on my usual dealer to come through.
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

User Tag List