Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig is bringing the P225 back.

I am in the love camp, have had one for a long time. Made in West Germany, solid as a gun can be and not difficult to conceal even though these days there are so many better options.

To me it's the most beautiful Sig, slim and proportionate. Would not be interested in a new one probably but you never know if they make it in some stupid color and I bang my head against a kitchen cabinet I might go for it.

I'd be in for trying one, especially if they do it right. I want to love Sigs, I really do. It was the first gun I was issued, and that blaster ran like a champ and could shoot tighter than I could almost all the time.

Assuming they all run (ya, I know...) this might be one of those circumstances where I'd rather go for the .45 in the 220 compact, since I wouldn't get the big bump of magazine capacity. Seems like they're pretty close in dimensions, and I'd only use this for a deep cover gun, probably without a holster.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Nyeti"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Personally, I'm betting on a rainbow finish.
    My SWAG would be a stainless slide replacing the stamped and welded, and where ever possible MIM parts, much like they did with the new runs of 228s and "M11s." Rainbow Titanium and Diamond Plate are reserved for limited run, bling, special editions. For the persons of distinction who understand the appeal of mother of pearl grips and Lincolns with zebra stripe upholstery.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    My SWAG would be a stainless slide replacing the stamped and welded, and where ever possible MIM parts, much like they did with the new runs of 228s and "M11s." Rainbow Titanium and Diamond Plate are reserved for limited run, bling, special editions. For the persons of distinction who understand the appeal of mother of pearl grips and Lincolns with zebra stripe upholstery.
    Of course, those persons of distinction have always preferred .25 caliber. Maybe if the Diamond Plate is blingy enough they will move up to the 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I'd have to say I like the feel of the 228 in my hand over the 225. The added ammo capacity is just a plus.
    Same for me. And the P226 also feels better to me than the P220.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    The key words in that announcement were: "… with a few changes to accommodate current manufacturing processes."
    As noted in Post 33, this will entail a machined stainless slide instead of the folded carbon steel with pinned breech block. They are also apparently changing the trigger guard shape to match that of the P228.

Has anyone heard anything further on this? I picked up a very nice P6, but TGS ran out of factory mags after I got the gun, but before I could order spare mags. Similarly, anyone have a line on good factory mags, preferably NIB or similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbonez View Post
    I find the P225 much more ergonomic than the P239. My hand fits on the whole grip as opposed to the P239 I used to own, where I could pinch my pinky finger on a reload. I also find that the grip shape has a better contour on the P225 than the P239. Neither pistol is practical by today's standards, but I would welcome a new and improved P225.
    Agreed. The ergos are better for me as well.

This announcement actually excites me. The P6 was my very first handgun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Blayglock; 08-30-2015 at 12:51 AM.

When are they due out?

Original announcement said July-Aug release...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

User Tag List