Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Apex/ Barsto barrel M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    We plan on releasing the first run by the end of summer. These will be 4.25 and 5" barrel lengths in 9 mm. Threaded versions will be produced later this year.

The new design should benefit all the caliber variants, however part of the accuracy equation is determining what twist rate yields the optimum accuracy for a given bullet weight range. My focus has been on the 9 mm because it seemed to have the most complaints regarding accuracy. We will explore making .45 and .40 barrels in the future, once we see how much of a demand there truly is for the 9 mm barrels.

Please note that my office does not have any information regarding a release date, nor any particular details about the design of the barrel. This project has been kept secret so that I could manage expectations and control the release of information, especially now that the manufacturers are about to submit their entries for the U.S. Army's Modular Handgun trials. The accuracy requirement is 4" at 50 meters, and from the data I have collected, the factory barrels cannot hold to this standard. Ours will.
    I'll watch your website for the release. I'll buy at least two when they are ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    This is pretty exciting. Too bad M&Ps aren't on the roster anymore. I really enjoyed the ergonomics when I owned some.
    I feel your pain. It seems like pretty soon there won't be anything left on the roster at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Holy crap! Am I understanding right that that's at 50 yards? Anything besides a barrel change?

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    Holy crap! Am I understanding right that that's at 50 yards? Anything besides a barrel change?
    This group was shot out of a barrel that was fitted to the slide and frame. The semi drop in will typically shoot 2.5" or less at 50 yards

This group was shot out of a barrel that was fitted to the slide and frame. The semi drop in will typically shoot 2.5" or less at 50 yards
    Does/will Apex offer a fitted barrel option?

I am looking forward to this!
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    No worries, Randy.
    Awesome. TY Mods for allowing this. P-F is awesome.

Mr. Lee - Very interested in details as they come out. Thanks for the info.

Wow. Tagged for more info.
    #RESIST

I'd be willing to pay at least $10 extra for a 1"/50 yard gun (maybe even more ).

Quote Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
    Does/will Apex offer a fitted barrel option?
    Yes. Due to some wild tolerances in the slide manufacturing, we have left several critical areas oversized on our gunsmith fit version. Like fitting a 1911 barrel, it should be mated to both slide and frame for optimum accuracy.

User Tag List